Team with most above average players?

Scout

51 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

I wouldn't have included Sproles on your list but everything else is right on imo

Sproles is a unique case. He isn't an above average runningback, but an above average... weapon. We'll see if he can return to form for his final season.

55 minutes ago, Danger said:

You're going to put players who've never seen even an NFL preseason game as "Above average players"??????? Not to mention a couple of these guys I've never even heard of.

If the criteria is above average then these guys all fit the bill. You may have bot heard of a few of them, but they're all quality starters.

Denzel Ward is about the only rookie this year I would to label as above average out of the gate without having played in the NFL. Take him out of it if you want and there are still over ten guys you could consider above average players. I feel like Denzel Ward, the fourth overall pick, is this years Marshon Lattimore or TreDavious White.

4 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Titans have: Dion Lewis, Delaine Walker, Jack Conklin, Taylor Lewan, Derrick Henry, Brian Orakpo, Malcolm Butler, Kevin Byard, and Jurrell Casey along with some other decent players like Marcus Mariota, Corey Davis, Ben Jones, DaQuon Jones, and Adoree Jackson. Jonnu Smith, Rashaan Evans and Harold Landry could prove to be above average in 2018 too.

Like half of the guys you listed are the epitome of average. 

58 minutes ago, packerrfan74 said:

Dion Lewis, Delaine Walker, Jack Conklin, Taylor Lewan, Derrick Henry, Brian Orakpo, Malcolm Butler, Kevin Byard, and Jurrell Casey

58 minutes ago, packerrfan74 said:

Like half of the guys you listed are the epitome of average. 

Up to this point:

Orakpo, (4x Pro Bowl; '16 most recent)

Butler, ('16 AP 2nd Team All-Pro, '15 Pro Bowler)

Lewan, (2x Pro Bowl '16, '17)

Conklin, (1st Team All-Pro '16)

Walker, (3x Pro Bowl '15-'17; MVP '17)

Casey, (3x Pro Bowl '15-'17, AP '13 2nd Team All-Pro)

Byard, ('17 Pro Bowl, AP '17 1st Team All-Pro, tied league-lead with most interceptions in '17)

Lewis played his first sixteen game season last year compiling 1100 yards combined rushing/receiving including a 103 yard kickoff return touchdown on MNF, (AFC ST Player of the Week), against the Patriots toughest opponent statistically in the BB/Brady Era, (the Denver Broncos). Lewis scored a combined 10 touchdowns in 2017. All of this in twelve starts beginning Week 5. Dion Lewis is way above average. In fact, Lewis was elite in 2017 and you can tell just by watching him play. Durability has been his only limitation thus far.

Henry had six touchdowns to go with nearly 900 yards combined rushing/receiving, lost one fumble, and only started two regular season games in 2017. In two playoff starts, Henry helped the Titans come back against the Chiefs in the second half of their wild card game with a combined two-game average of 5.3 YPC, 240 yards rush/receiving, a touchdown and one fumble. Like Lewis, if you watch Henry play he stands out as an above average player. Don't forget, Henry won the Heisman, (along with every other college award), in 2015 and is the only non-QB to do that in the last eight years. The only other non-QB Heisman winners in the last twenty years were all above average running backs aside from Ron Dayne, (Ricky Williams, Reggie Bush, Mark Ingram).

4 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Not many for the Raiders and most are on the o-line. Carr, Penn, Osemele, Hudson, Jackson, Mack, Irvin.

Conley looks above average. Cooper is a close call but I'd probably rate him above average too. Penn and Irvin can play above average for stretches like Jordy Nelson but I don't know if either will repeat or improve this season so I hesitate to include them aside from maybe Penn.

3 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Conley looks above average. Cooper is a close call but I'd probably rate him above average too. Penn and Irvin can play above average for stretches like Jordy Nelson but I don't know if either will repeat or improve this season so I hesitate to include them aside from maybe Penn.

Conley is a major question mark and until he shows he can play at all, he doesn't deserve to be listed. Cooper you're probably right but he is so hit or miss. Penn was still a very solid LT and definitely above average. Irvin leads the league in forced fumbles over the past couple years and really turned it on at the end of the year once we got some better coaching.

1 hour ago, packerrfan74 said:

For the Packers:

Offense: Aaron Rodgers, David Bhaktiari, Davante Adams, Jimmy Graham, and maybe Lane Taylor

Defense: HaHa Clinton-Dix, Blake Martinez, Nick Perry, Mike Daniels, and hopefully Muhammad Wilkerson 

I would take Clark over all these other defenders, except perhaps Daniels. 

Archived