RT Marcus Cannon

RG Shaq Mason

SWR Julian Edelman

ILB Dont'a Hightower

CB Stephon Gilmore

FS Devin McCourty

SS Patrick Chung

K Stephen Gostkowski

Maybe some more guys I'm not thinking of, but I think these guys are all above average at their specific positions.

2 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Fine, but I think both are pretty average. Particularly Chung.

Ran some numbers, Gostkowski is certainly above average (at least last season), though I wouldn't say he's necessarily elite. 

% of FGA 1-39 yards -- 62.5% (League Average 49.14%)
% of FGA 40+ yards -- 37.5% (League Average 50.86%)
Accuracy 1-39 yards -- 100% (League Average 91.54%)
Accuracy 40+ yards -- 80% (League Average 77.12%)

So yes because Brady and co usually can drive further down the field he does get to take more easier chip shots, but that's not to say he can't make the longer ones.

8 minutes ago, Danger said:

So yes because Brady and co usually can drive further down the field he does get to take more easier chip shots, but that's not to say he can't make the longer ones.

He is so used to having an easy job on field goals that he has lost his nerve in pressure moments both during the regular and post season. His kickoffs are always above average in distance but that ability is less of an advantage now that the rules have changed. I agree Gostkowski above average but not greatly so.

On 6/27/2018 at 6:12 PM, packerrfan74 said:

For the Packers:

Offense: Aaron Rodgers, David Bhaktiari, Davante Adams, Jimmy Graham, and maybe Lane Taylor

Defense: HaHa Clinton-Dix, Blake Martinez, Nick Perry, Mike Daniels, and hopefully Muhammad Wilkerson 

Lane Taylor seems like the definition of average.  Id definitely have Bulaga in there and would maybe add Linsley before Taylor though he's probably still around average himself.

On defense id still put Clay in there, he's not great anymore as a stand alone edge rusher but he's easily an above average football player.  Based off last season I'd think about adding Tramon Williams too.

Vikings (11):

QB Kirk Cousins, WR Stefon Diggs, WR Adam Thielen, Everson Griffen, Danielle Hunter, Linval Joseph, Sheldon Richardson, Anthony Barr, Eric Kendricks, Xavier Rhodes and Harrison Smith

i dont think there is much debate or controversy with this list.

Plus a few others who may be close to above average like Dalvin Cook, Kyle Rudolph, Riley Reiff, and Trae Waynes.

Kirk Cousins 

Kyle Rudolph

Stefon Diggs

Adam Thielen

Everson Griffen

Danielle Hunter

Linval Joseph

Sheldon Richardson

Anthony Barr

Eric Kendricks

Xavier Rhodes

Harrison Smith

That's for sure. We have no idea what will happen with Dalvin Cook. Riley Reiff and Trae Waynes might be above average. For what it's worth, I think CJ Ham can be an above average FB too!

Browns:

Tyrod Taylor, Carlos Hyde/Nick Chubb/Duke Johnson, Jarvis Landry, Josh Gordon, Kevin Zeitler, Joel Bitonio, Myles Garrett, Larry Ogunjobi, Jamie Collins, Mychal Kendricks, Denzel Ward (probably).

That's quite a few considering their record last year. Tyrod Taylor might not be above average...he's probably close to average right now to be fair.

For the Broncos:

Demaryius Thomas, Emmanuel Sanders, Ron Leary, Matt Paradis, Derek Wolfe, Domata Pelo, Von Miller, Chris Harris Jr, Bradley Roby, Marquette King

I expect Justin Simmons and Bradley Chubb to play their way onto this list. 

5 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

For the Broncos:

Demaryius Thomas, Emmanuel Sanders, Ron Leary, Matt Paradis, Derek Wolfe, Domata Pelo, Von Miller, Chris Harris Jr, Bradley Roby, Marquette King

I expect Justin Simmons and Bradley Chubb to play their way onto this list. 

@theJ @TheVillain112 @Futbudds @Beck Bristow And others..

Never thought I’d see the day.

18 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

None of us were expecting much but he was probably our MVP last year considering the only thing Denver really did at a high level was stop the run. Dominated against Travis Frederick. 

Change of scenery probably did him good.  He wasn't even stopping the run particularly well his last few years in Cincinnati.  He still flashed every now and then, but he would still get pushed around.  And he wasn't even drawing doubles consistently with Geno beside him.

Archived