Training Camp

lumberjackchris

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

sounds like we might have a real TE competition going on, apparently Jordan Thomas is giving Akins a run for his money

*based on some opinions/observations i read on reddit

4 hours ago, tab said:

sounds like we might have a real TE competition going on, apparently Jordan Thomas is giving Akins a run for his money

*based on some opinions/observations i read on reddit

I'm starting to come around on the thought that Stephen Anderson could be the odd man out.  It is just too much of a liability to have a TE smaller than your punter and #3 QB who can't even pretend to block on passing downs and has no business out there when running.  I don't even care if ever throw to our TE's outside of the red zone as long as we have a TE who can help actually help block on a few outside the tackle runs this season.  Heck, I'm hearing Matt Lengel is the best in-line blocker of the lot, so maybe he pushes the nothingness that is Ryan Griffin off the roster.  Incorporating the slot receiver full-time with Coutee & Ellington will open up the running game as well and unlike ****weiler, and Savage Watson doesn't need the dumpoff crutch. 

Now, I can still think of far more opportunities to use Anderson over the course of the season than any fullback, but especially one like Prosch who has participated in maybe 5 meaningful plays in 4 seasons and simply is not very good at the only thing a FB needs to be good at - run blocking.  Hell, stick 6' 4" 230 Joe Webb III back there as Lechler's personal protector and one 4th down conversion will be more impactful than the entirety of Prosch's contributions as I bet we'll be better at 4th and 8 than we have been at 4th and 1 with Prosch bringing nothing to short yardage.

On 7/29/2018 at 11:23 AM, Texansfan713 said:

This was a nice play by Colvin.  Nice recover.

Allow me to be th critic: as a slot CB, giving up that inside is OK because you'll have a LB or S to provide security. Playing boundary? Letting that inside up without a fight is a disaster waiting to happen.

Good recovery, sure - but had that been a deep route like a post or fly, that's a score.

I thought he looked good but it's hard to tell much from the HOF game. Still probably (????) an upgrade over Weeden

what would you guys think about that Greenbay kid, Hundley, or maybe Kizer?

11 hours ago, amazingandre said:

Keeping an eye on RG3 tonight. Would be curious to see if Ravens keep 3 qbs. I’d be open to him backing up Watson if he looks good.

He looked surprising solid out there yesterday - it's too early to tell, but he's probably a near lock to serve as the #2 while Jackson is "redshirted" as the #3.

Archived