Runningbacks

Kiwibrown

Danny Vitale  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Vitale on the team?

• yes
    • no, don't need a fullback
    • we need an upgrade

Barring injury it is almost written in stone that our runningbacks will be Chubb, Hyde and Duke.

How do you want this group to work, what do you expect to happen?

How do you feel about Fullbacks? And Vitale.

Duke has the record for the most receptions by a runningback in a year for the Browns with 74? does he improve or regress on this?

Just looking at our talent, I think we're gonna use a similar philosophy to that of Ohio State: spread the defense out with three receivers and pound the inside with the power run game. We've got good guards and an athletic center, two power backs, and the talented receivers to spread the defense, all requirement for this style of attack.

I think Hyde will start and Chubb will get touches and Duke will play his role. Then I think we ride the hot hand per game or for the rest of the season if someone shows they are just the best option. I'll guess no one really takes over as a workhorse back for the majority of the season and Hyde finishes with about 650 yards, Chubb with about 550 and Duke 300 yards rushing. Taylor will run for 300-500 yards if he plays all year so as a team we should be around 1800-2000 yards rushing which should be top 10ish and not really far statistically from where we were last season.

The passing game (including turnovers) is what is needed to improve to turn 0 wins into an accepted number of wins. The defense and running game would have at least went along with the ride if we had a good passing game last year, they just couldn't overcome the poor passing performance and shouldn't be expected to do so this year. It's on Tyrod, or Baker if that happens, and the offensive line and receivers to make it happen. Mostly on the QB though.

2 hours ago, Fatgerman said:

Just looking at our talent, I think we're gonna use a similar philosophy to that of Ohio State: spread the defense out with three receivers and pound the inside with the power run game. We've got good guards and an athletic center, two power backs, and the talented receivers to spread the defense, all requirement for this style of attack.

Or just do what the Steelers did...

Archived