Danny Vitale  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Vitale on the team?

• yes
    • no, don't need a fullback
    • we need an upgrade

8 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Give  Le'Veon Bell 430 targets/rushes?

Or use a committee to garner that kind of usage. Do we need a “bell” cow? Sure it be great but Hyde and Chubb could be the runners and Duke as the receving threat. 

@Kiwibrown and @Fatgerman  it’s not about running the college/Ohio state spread and attack teams running the ball as you stretch out the defense. 

I said do what the Steelers did because we have their OC and they did a lot of what you are talking about. The Steelers were out of Shotgun for 71% of their offensive snaps. One of six teams to be in the 70s. No matter what, it seems like the Steelers/Haley wanted to spread you out across the field. I expect the same to happen here to keep the talent on the field 

Vitale can be so useful. Especially if the left tackle position takes a few games to get up to speed. In the run game, all Coleman would have to do is lead the DE either inside or outside - then with Vitale coming through, he can clean up any remaining garbage.

I see us carrying 5 RBs, including Vitale. Hyde, Chubb, and Duke are the proverbial locks to make the final 53. Vitale is in. That makes one of the more interesting battles of training camp, and the second half of the preseason games will be for the RB5 spot. Matt Dayes (2017 R7 pick) is the incumbent - but do not sleep on 2018 UDFA Dontrell Hilliard of Tulane.

I really like this kid. If he doesn't beat out Dayes, he should be a strong candidate for our PS. Take a peek.

5 hours ago, brooks1957 said:

Vitale can be so useful. Especially if the left tackle position takes a few games to get up to speed. In the run game, all Coleman would have to do is lead the DE either inside or outside - then with Vitale coming through, he can clean up any remaining garbage.

I see us carrying 5 RBs, including Vitale. Hyde, Chubb, and Duke are the proverbial locks to make the final 53. Vitale is in. That makes one of the more interesting battles of training camp, and the second half of the preseason games will be for the RB5 spot. Matt Dayes (2017 R7 pick) is the incumbent - but do not sleep on 2018 UDFA Dontrell Hilliard of Tulane.

I really like this kid. If he doesn't beat out Dayes, he should be a strong candidate for our PS. Take a peek.

Interesting. He has a smooth running style and solid acceleration. That said, the majority of the video is running through huge holes, mostly in a straight line (to be fair, it may be his vision finding those "easy" runs). I really liked what I saw from Matthew Dayes. I could see you both on the practice squad and one of them vultured by another team.

Vitale is a smooth athlete. He looks like he could spread out wide and be a speed mismatch against a linebacker. 

also I love that in college Vitale position was a superback. If you are a superback you think you would go in the 1st round. 

4 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Hahaha when I first read this I thought you wrote he built his own tank!  He immediately scored man points with me. Better than that one guy, who was he?  Something about killing wild hogs with his bare hands or something or other? Kahlua or whatever. 

Than i re-read and now I realize it’s about liking eggplants. ??‍♂️

7 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Hahaha when I first read this I thought you wrote he built his own tank!  He immediately scored man points with me. Better than that one guy, who was he?  Something about killing wild hogs with his bare hands or something or other? Kahlua or whatever. 

Than i re-read and now I realize it’s about liking eggplants. ??‍♂️

This post will be how I remember you.

Archived