McPoyle vs Ponderosa: Mafia of the Century! McPoyles win in a LANDSLIDE!

James

I've been mafia so much on this new board that I feel like I need to model my civ game after my mafia game rather than vice versa like most try to do, so that I don't give away my role... Problem is my mafia game is very demanding on me since I am so calculated with every single post, which becomes a chore after the first few days. Need to reinvent myself. Hopefully I'll draw civ one of these days, play organically, get lynched for playing different the first couple times, then try and translate this style to the next time I'm mafia. 

6 minutes ago, james.mcmurry13 said:

You and a few others (ksj, Ole, to name two more from this game) just post in weird ways sometimes. Even though you are consistent in how you post, it comes off negatively if someone isn't used to it or doesn't recognize that its just the way you post.

Yes @OleXmad, the random posts you like are part of it

Just now, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I've been mafia so much on this new board that I feel like I need to model my civ game after my mafia game rather than vice versa like most try to do, so that I don't give away my role... Problem is my mafia game is very demanding on me since I am so calculated with every single post, which becomes a chore after the first few days. Need to reinvent myself. Hopefully I'll draw civ one of these days, play organically, get lynched for playing different the first couple times, then try and translate this style to the next time I'm mafia. 

We should just policy lynch you every time you post a full paragraph.

1 minute ago, OleXmad said:
7 minutes ago, squire12 said:

How would civs have reacted if @MD4L  or myself made a CC to @MookieMonster  Bill Role?

We kicked around the idea of making a counter claim to Bill

I would've voted whoever CC'd mookie I called that exact thing like 10 pages ago. 

That was when our idea died.  As soon as you posted that we felt it would be bad

14 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

I could have a game up tomorrow night if anyone is interested. Have a couple games more or less finished and just in the tweaking stages now. All of them have roles I’ve never tried.

Unless someone else was planning on going next, I’ll be around to play if that’s the case

Sounds good. I have a smallish, open role setup that's ready to go, but I will leave it up to you whether you would rather host or play.

If the former, sign me up.

Just now, MookieMonster said:

Town was just really bad lol

To be fair, without having a detective or too many other specials alive they had to rely on pure scum hunting, and didn't manage to snag any of us to help the process.  By the time it was like 10-4 we controlled the conversation enough to stay safe without ever really sticking our necks out.

Just now, MathMan said:
16 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

I could have a game up tomorrow night if anyone is interested. Have a couple games more or less finished and just in the tweaking stages now. All of them have roles I’ve never tried.

Unless someone else was planning on going next, I’ll be around to play if that’s the case

Sounds good. I have a smallish, open role setup that's ready to go, but I will leave it up to you whether you would rather host or play.

Going to put this out there....my posting is based on time, not role.  Some work days are busy and weekends are the same.  I am generally able to get on early am for a short bit, mid day at lunch for about 20 minutes and in the evening.    I know @gopherwrestler is generally working with small windows of posting times.  

1 minute ago, MathMan said:

You go. 

6 minutes ago, PuntMyLumps said:

With the great start we got we had a few luxury hits.  Whicker was also an easy target once he was able to dig in to the game more

I was thinking you and rmib were mafia. There was a couple of posts on I think the last night I was alive that really made me think it. Squire I chalked up to being a bad civ when he kept listing me. 

1 minute ago, PuntMyLumps said:
4 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

To be fair, without having a detective or too many other specials alive they had to rely on pure scum hunting, and didn't manage to snag any of us to help the process.  By the time it was like 10-4 we controlled the conversation enough to stay safe without ever really sticking our necks out.

It seemed really strange to hear a lot of talk about the mafia group being the ones in the shadows, yet @PuntMyLumps was certainly out there.  @MD4L was also reasonably active, I tried to be when I had the time.  

2 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

We got screwed a bit with the weaker roles and the gang death's not going our way. 

Town was still terrible though. 

Archived