NFL Fines Jerry Richardson $2.75M

fretgod99

2 hours ago, iknowcool said:

To be fair, he did bring football to the Carolinas. At the time it was deserving.

"At the time" implies his recent misdeeds are aggregious enough to wipe out that legacy, I guess that's up to individual opinion.

Anytime you build a statue of yourself, though, it hints at a certain level of narcissism.

9 hours ago, cddolphin said:

"At the time" implies his recent misdeeds are aggregious enough to wipe out that legacy, I guess that's up to individual opinion.

Anytime you build a statue of yourself, though, it hints at a certain level of narcissism.

The claim is it wasn’t his idea and he didn’t know about. Ask me how much I believe that. And the article I linked goes into why it’s probably utter horse crap.

On 29/06/2018 at 9:13 PM, RuskieTitan said:

His Net Worth is estimated to be $500 million. Keep in mind when he got the Panthers he had a group of investors with him, and his family owned 48% at the time of the sale.

So even if we are generous and claim he has $1 billion, $2.75 million is still a decent chunk of change, 2.75% of his net worth.

By comparison, $2.75 to a "layperson" would mean that the average layperson is only worth $100.

Now, I certainly agree that $2,750,000 probably does not impact a millionaire/billionaire the same way a similar % would for someone poorer, but pulling out ridiculous comparisons does nothing but undermine your point.

I actually agree with your broader point, but your math is wrong.

2.75million is 0.275% of 1 billion. A billion is 1000million, not 100.

Archived