Who are the worst projected starters in the NFL?

BleedTheClock

Jags: AJ Cann RG 

Blair Brown/Donald Payne/Leon Jacobs(essentially whoever wins our Sam LBer role)

DJ Hayden(i hope hes more like the good nickle he was in oakland). 

Donte Moncrief should be a mentionable as a starting wr. hes been injured for 3 of the past 4 years and really hasnt earned the right to be starting wr for us but the team wants him there cuz of the college analytics and measurables. 

3 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Patriots I would elect either Marcus Cannon or Chris Hogan.

I must say, you're a bold fellow with some of your statements. I agree Hogan isn't great and I think Mitchell is better, but "worst starter in the NFL" isn't his realm. But Cannon? The guy a year removed from a second-team All-Pro season? I know he had a down year, but he's not "worst starter in the NFL" material. He's a decent NFL right tackle. I don't think anyone on the Patriots is a "worst starter in the NFL" kind of guy. We have some bad guys, but they're not starters for a reason.

46 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

dont u love how the pats traded a very good Backup QB for Dorsett?

What I don't love about that trade is that Brissett could have been a decent starter in time, but that's not what Indianapolis is going to turn him into. It's a shame really, he could've had an okay career in a few years. And the value. I didn't like that either.

11 hours ago, JBURGE25 said:

If we start the season with Geronimo Allison as WR2, he's gotta be up there. Don't know who RG will be. Don't know who SS will be, but Josh Jones hasn't showed he will be an average safety after his rookie year

Cobb and Adams would start...right?

7 hours ago, AlNFL19 said:

I must say, you're a bold fellow with some of your statements. I agree Hogan isn't great and I think Mitchell is better, but "worst starter in the NFL" isn't his realm. But Cannon? The guy a year removed from a second-team All-Pro season? I know he had a down year, but he's not "worst starter in the NFL" material. He's a decent NFL right tackle. I don't think anyone on the Patriots is a "worst starter in the NFL" kind of guy. We have some bad guys, but they're not starters for a reason.

He was the worst starter in the NFL prior to his second team All-Pro season. I don't know what PED's he was taking or what, but he needs to prove he can stay on the firld and repeat any success he's had. I don't agree that he is the worst right tackle in the league either, I'm just saying from the Patriots he or Hogan is their worst starter.

39 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

He was the worst starter in the NFL prior to his second team All-Pro season. I don't know what PED's he was taking or what, but he needs to prove he can stay on the firld and repeat any success he's had. I don't agree that he is the worst right tackle in the league either, I'm just saying from the Patriots he or Hogan is their worst starter.

i suppose that his point is being the worst starter on the patriots is like being the poorest dude in brentwood, you're still a better starter than most of the league 

11 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

You think Cannon or Hogan is worse than whomever the 3rd LB is in base? Based on both having injury riddled seasons?

Either way it’s moot, since the thread is worst in the NFL. I don’t think the Pats have a “worst in the NFL starter” at the moment, except for maybe whomever lands the 3rd LB spot (granted NE does run a 3 safety look quite often).

38 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

You think Cannon or Hogan is worse than whomever the 3rd LB is in base? Based on both having injury riddled seasons?

Either way it’s moot, since the thread is worst in the NFL. I don’t think the Pats have a “worst in the NFL starter” at the moment, except for maybe whomever lands the 3rd LB spot (granted NE does run a 3 safety look quite often).

After opening the thread and reading the responses, I took it to mean the worst starters in the NFL by team. Neither Hogan or Cannon are the absolute worst starters at their position in the entire league, (even though Cannon has been before). As for being the worst starters on the Patriots, I kind of went under the presumption that there are three starting safeties and only two true linebackers.

I think eventually one or both rookie linebackers will be solid starters. Elondon Roberts is definitely a lower tier starter in the same class with Hogan and Cannon in my opinion.

Potential Colts 

WR2 - Ryan Grant vs Chester Rogers (we could see a rookie like Deon Cain or Reese Fountain with one of these 2 in the slot but I suspect it’s Grant and Rogers job to lose) 

OLB - Anthony Walker (projected to play SAM LB) 

MLB - Najee Good (started for the Eagles in the NFC championship game, steps into a potential starting job in Indy) 

CB - Pierre Desir - played well last year and the team is moving to a zone coverage scheme (see below) 

Foot Note - 

back in the Dungy days of the Tampa-2 Defense the Colts didn’t value LBs and CBs enough to give them second contracts. With Gary Brackett being the lone exception. I can see this being a thing moving forward. Not to say that we didn’t draft LBs and CBs high [Rob Morris (1st), Marlin Jackson(1st), Kelvin Hayden(2nd)] they just let them walk after their rookie deals ended (Mike Peterson, Marcus Washington, Cato June, David Thornton) 

On 6/29/2018 at 3:52 PM, LinderFournette said:

Jags: AJ Cann RG 

Blair Brown/Donald Payne/Leon Jacobs(essentially whoever wins our Sam LBer role)

DJ Hayden(i hope hes more like the good nickle he was in oakland). 

Donte Moncrief should be a mentionable as a starting wr. hes been injured for 3 of the past 4 years and really hasnt earned the right to be starting wr for us but the team wants him there cuz of the college analytics and measurables. 

Why are we considering Hayden a starter?

Archived