Who are the worst projected starters in the NFL?

BleedTheClock

22 hours ago, MonserinNC said:

For the Bears it would be whoever we start at our 3rd DL spot but to call out a name its Amakamura @ CB. He can play football in general but hasnt had a turnover since like 2014 or something crazy like that.

Last INT was in 2015, he did recover a fumble last year, but still I agree he is not making impact plays often enough. He is a solid cover corner though and matches up well on guys you want to press.

I am going to say in Chicago it is our OLB opposite Floyd. Lynch is a guy living off of hope to not be a bum, Acho is a solid depth guy but not worth a damn rushing the passer, Fitts has been unable to stay healthy (and has to transition to the pros), etc. It is a place I see less reason for optimism this year than DL, as Bullard and RRH have potential and health on their sides at least.

On 6/30/2018 at 5:54 PM, stallyns said:

Potential Colts 

WR2 - Ryan Grant vs Chester Rogers (we could see a rookie like Deon Cain or Reese Fountain with one of these 2 in the slot but I suspect it’s Grant and Rogers job to lose) 

OLB - Anthony Walker (projected to play SAM LB) 

MLB - Najee Good (started for the Eagles in the NFC championship game, steps into a potential starting job in Indy) 

CB - Pierre Desir - played well last year and the team is moving to a zone coverage scheme (see below) 

Foot Note - 

back in the Dungy days of the Tampa-2 Defense the Colts didn’t value LBs and CBs enough to give them second contracts. With Gary Brackett being the lone exception. I can see this being a thing moving forward. Not to say that we didn’t draft LBs and CBs high [Rob Morris (1st), Marlin Jackson(1st), Kelvin Hayden(2nd)] they just let them walk after their rookie deals ended (Mike Peterson, Marcus Washington, Cato June, David Thornton) 

The Colts have some terrible starters, my God. I hope for their sake Luck is not only healthy, but playing at God Mode this season or else this team is gonna be putrid. As one of the strongholds in the Colts forum, what is your outlook for the team this year?

On 6/30/2018 at 5:54 PM, stallyns said:

Potential Colts 

WR2 - Ryan Grant vs Chester Rogers (we could see a rookie like Deon Cain or Reese Fountain with one of these 2 in the slot but I suspect it’s Grant and Rogers job to lose) 

OLB - Anthony Walker (projected to play SAM LB) 

MLB - Najee Good (started for the Eagles in the NFC championship game, steps into a potential starting job in Indy) 

CB - Pierre Desir - played well last year and the team is moving to a zone coverage scheme (see below) 

WR2 for the Colts is certainly a strong contender.  But why don't the Colts just keep John Simon at Sam lb?  Allegedly they've moved him to DE, but he's not a particularly good fit there. 

1 hour ago, Crickett said:

WR2 for the Colts is certainly a strong contender.  But why don't the Colts just keep John Simon at Sam lb?  Allegedly they've moved him to DE, but he's not a particularly good fit there. 

I agree with you and that was my initial thought but for some odd reason the coaching staff/Ballard made their mind up. One of the talking points is having a fast defense so maybe they don’t think he’s fast enough for what they want from that? 

7 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

The Colts have some terrible starters, my God. I hope for their sake Luck is not only healthy, but playing at God Mode this season or else this team is gonna be putrid. As one of the strongholds in the Colts forum, what is your outlook for the team this year?

With a healthy Luck they could win 7-9 games, without Luck 4-6 wins. Ballard is building the team from inside-out so lots of DL and OL to compete for jobs 

For the Ravens it's whichever position on the OL that Alex Lewis won't be starting at, because the other spot will be James Hurst and if that's RT, he definitely qualifies.

Other than that, I really don't think we have anyone else who would qualify for really bad on offense or defense. We have a ton of mediocre players, a few good ones, and then Justin Tucker.

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 8:45 AM, bucsfan333 said:

Chris Conte | SS | Tampa Bay

Have you seen some of the safeties in the league?  Conte is FAR from the worst. 

I remember when he was in Chicago.  The fans would blame this guy for everything, and about 95% of the time, it wasn't even his assignment...  

He'd actually make a tackle or a pass breakup, and fans would still complain; it was hilarious. 

If he was in Chicago, I bet he'd still be starting.

5 hours ago, Darth Pees said:

For the Ravens it's whichever position on the OL that Alex Lewis won't be starting at, because the other spot will be James Hurst and if that's RT, he definitely qualifies.

Considering our 3rd round rookie was already with the first-team at RT throughout OTA's, it's a safe bet Hurst isn't going to be the week1 starter there. The center spot or ILB next to Mosley will be the spots where the worst starter will likely be.

Archived