Best QB to never make not even a Pro Bowl as an alternate.

TecmoSuperJoe

No alternate vote, no nothing. I was trying to think, but the only guy I remember that looked decent at times for more than a year, but never went to Hawaii was Aaron Brooks. Doug Williams and Jim Plunkett won Super Bowls and Super Bowl MVP awards coming off the bench during the course of the season. Actually I don't think Doug Williams was as bad in Tampa as his stats showed. He was getting better. That team wasn't going anywhere though under Culverhouse ownership. Lynn Dickey is another one I guess. Had a good season in 1983 I thought. Put up some decent numbers for a while during his later years. 

I didn't see any alternate nomination for Erik Kramer.

He holds the Lions franchise record for post season: TD passes, passer rating, and yards per attempt.  He also holds the Bears franchise record for passing yards and touchdowns in a single season.  His 1995 season was amazing, but it may have been the 4th best in the NFC Central.  The Pro-Bowlers that season for the NFC were:  Brett Favre, Troy Aikman, Warren Moon, and Steve Young.

Jeff George had a few pretty decent statistical seasons, but was very unpopular and never made it...  Scott Mitchell may have the greatest season of any of the non-Pro Bowlers (4300 yards, 32/12 in the pre pass happy era)... Jon Kitna had a decent career and never got one... neither did Steve DeBerg ...

On 6/29/2018 at 9:23 PM, ragevsuall17 said:

Jeff George had a few pretty decent statistical seasons, but was very unpopular and never made it...  Scott Mitchell may have the greatest season of any of the non-Pro Bowlers (4300 yards, 32/12 in the pre pass happy era)... Jon Kitna had a decent career and never got one... neither did Steve DeBerg ...

The Scott Mitchell season was the same year that Erik Kramer also could have made the Pro-Bowl.  I thought that Mitchell had an alternate nod, but I guess that I thought wrong.  The funny thing is, I don't recall the 1995 NFC Central having putrid defenses, but Favre, Moon, Mitchell, and Kramer all lit up the stat sheet (Trent Dilfer had 4:18 TD:INT for the Bucs that season, still finished 7-9).  I guess it was just a very competitive year.  The Seahawks, Raiders, and Broncos were tied for last in the AFCW with 8-8 records; Rams, Bucs, Panthers, and Saints all basement dwellers with 7-9 records.  You could argue that the weakest divisions that season were the NFCE and AFCC, but they had the Super Bowl representatives in those divisions.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/1995/index.htm

Archived