Glass (2019)

JonStark

On 7/3/2018 at 2:35 PM, RavensTillIDie said:

How the hell did you guys realize it was connected to Unbreakable prior to watching the film (and not reading any spoilers online)? I was absolutely blown away when I saw Bruce Willis at the end of the film. Like others have alluded to, my enjoyment of the film shot up tenfold when I realize this movie was linked.

I was thinking about what the twist could be for a long time and felt like any twists involving multiple personalities would be old and not unique.  I had also frequently hoped for a surprise sequel to movies for a long time.  Like Life.  I was hoping Life was a surprise sequel to The Thing.  I also followed Shyamalan pretty closely and remembered his interviews about the villain he originally envisioned for an Unbreakable sequel.  It all came together for me.  

On 7/2/2018 at 8:11 AM, vike daddy said:

dude, you need a real life... :D

Movies ARE life for me.  ;)

On 7/3/2018 at 9:25 PM, Calvert28 said:

Is anyone else wondering why Bruce is chained like a inmate?

They're all in an asylum.  Sarah Paulson's character is studying people who think they have extraordinary abilities. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
41 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

M. Night Shyamalan has done a better job creating a superhero universe over a decade with nothing than DC has with a tenth of the money and all the source material in the world. 

If you ask me, that's what makes this the best superhero universe out there. Better than Marvel, better than Nolan's Batman, and definitely better than anything DC has ever done. He created an original universe from nothing. It's refreshing. 

Archived