Glass (2019)

JonStark

Just now, MakeDenverGreatAgain said:

If you ask me, that's what makes this the best superhero universe out there. Better than Marvel, better than Nolan's Batman, and definitely better than anything DC has ever done. He created an original universe from nothing. It's refreshing. 

I have for a long time said that Unbreakable is the best superhero movie of all time.  It is an undisputed fixture in my top 25 movies of all time, one of Bruce's very best performances, one of the best scripts and an entirely flawless movie. 

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

M. Night Shyamalan has done a better job creating a superhero universe over a decade with nothing than DC has with a tenth of the money and all the source material in the world. 

I'd argue the source material makes it harder, not easier, to make a "universe" in cinema. 

18 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I have for a long time said that Unbreakable is the best superhero movie of all time.  It is an undisputed fixture in my top 25 movies of all time, one of Bruce's very best performances, one of the best scripts and an entirely flawless movie. 

I just recently watched Unbreakable for the first time.  While I don't hold it in as high regard as you do, it is a very good movie.  The scene of David following the murderer and becoming a hero is unbelievably amazing.

• 3 months later...
On 10/11/2018 at 1:28 PM, Outpost31 said:

Really?  Don't get me wrong I liked the movie, but its pretty slow paced and didn't really carry my interest the whole time.  And I saw it in theaters when it came out.  

Archived