Glass (2019)

JonStark

1 hour ago, RavensTillIDie said:

So conflicted!! I've been wanting to see this for so long, but the reviews are absolutely dreadful. Granted, it seems like a lot of them were expecting a more "pure" super hero film than they received, so that leaves me cautiously optimistic, but I just don't know...

I'll be disappointed if the mood/setup isn't similar to Unbreakable and Split.  It shouldn't be a conventional super hero movie.

18 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

RT Critics gave it 36%

Fans gave it 78% as of right now.

Using that as my guiding star so I'm going to see it cause RT critics make horrible judgement calls nowdays.

Yep I almost always agree with the audience score. Usually ive noticed 82% audience score is the sweet spot for a good movie. I’m expecting slightly above average here. 

I just got home from watching it. I don't know what the hell people were expecting going into the film, but that was EXACTLY the type of movie I thought it was going to be. Definitely enjoyed it.

I mean, I can see why some people may not have liked the ending. Maybe they expected a little bit more action or for the film to adhere to the more generic superhero tropes, but Shyamalan  was never going to make that kind of movie.

I'd say this was on par with Split, maybe a tier below Unbreakable. Best thing I can say for those who have yet to see it, if you go into this film expecting an extension of the universe Shyamalan has created vs expecting a direct sequel or your typical closing trilogy film, you will be infinitely more satisfied leaving the theater.

24 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

I just got home from watching it. I don't know what the hell people were expecting going into the film, but that was EXACTLY the type of movie I thought it was going to be. Definitely enjoyed it.

I mean, I can see why some people may not have liked the ending. Maybe they expected a little bit more action or for the film to adhere to the more generic superhero tropes, but Shyamalan  was never going to make that kind of movie.

I'd say this was on par with Split, maybe a tier below Unbreakable. Best thing I can say for those who have yet to see it, if you go into this film expecting an extension of the universe Shyamalan has created vs expecting a direct sequel or your typical closing trilogy film, you will be infinitely more satisfied leaving the theater.

Sounds about right, didn't expect a direct sequel at all, just for them all to be connected.

It was about what I was expected, except for the ending. M Night has his own style that's a bit pandering, but I liked McAvoy's character as I did in Split.

I do wonder what he could have done with a larger budget, but his name just doesn't carry the same weight it did following a number of big budget disappointments.

Archived