• The Boxer
    • The Champ
    • The Karate Kid Anthology
    • The Wrestler
    • Undisputed
    • Warrior
    • Kickboxer

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/03/2018 at 04:00 PM

This is a little different, as there are a lot of "combat sports" movies, and I feel like compiling the entire Rocky Anthology will probably make this a lopsided win, so if you vote for Rocky, please write below WHICH Rocky movie you voted for and why.

Eliminated:

(True Story)The Fighter, Cinderella Man, Ali, The Hurricane, Raging Bull, When we were Kings 

(Not a sports movie) Million Dollar Baby-Pop Culture about the ethical ramifications of euthanasia

(Not a good movie) Real Steel, Fighting,

The Options:

Bloodsport

v1.bTsxMTM3MjQyODtqOzE3ODE2OzEyMDA7OTAwO

Grudge Match

MV5BMTY3NTkxMTgzNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjg0

Kickboxer

220px-Kickboxer_poster.jpg

Over the Top (I'll allow it. Armwrestling)

220px-Overthetop.jpg

Paradise Alley

220px-Paradise_alley.jpg

Play it to the Bone

MV5BMTM2NjY1MTA2Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMzY2

Ready to Rumble

220px-Ready_to_rumble_poster.jpg

Resurrecting the Champ

51gWK88NiKL._SY445_.jpg

Rocky Anthology, including Creed

51BEQJTBM5L._SX342_.jpg

Southpaw

220px-Southpaw_poster.jpg

The Boxer

MV5BN2MyN2VkZWUtZGJkMi00M2Q4LWFiOTgtNjFm

The Champ

v1.bTsxMTIzNDM1NDtqOzE3ODE1OzEyMDA7MTUzN

The Karate Kid Trilogy/Anthology

51JiUa-RA4L._SX342_.jpg

The Wrestler

The_Wrestler_poster.jpg

Undisputed

51X0Y7MGXAL._SY445_.jpg

Warrior

220px-Warrior_Poster.jpg

Rocky anthology. Should be a clean sweep (even with the abomination that is Rocky V).

Also - no Karate Kid anthology? Might be the only contender in this genre. (Edit - I can't read words good).

This one has some great options, but Rocky is the 8,000 lb behemoth in the room. 

2 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Rocky anthology. Should be a clean sweep (even with the abomination that is Rocky V).

Also - no Karate Kid anthology? Might be the only contender in this genre. (Edit - I can't read words good).

This one has some great options, but Rocky is the 8,000 lb behemoth in the room. 

Don't sell it so short. You're not doing it the justice it deserves.

Side note on Karate Kid v Rocky:

If we'd include the 10 episode show "Cobra Kai" on YouTube, I'd probably consider Karate Kid ahead of the Rocky/Creed anthology. This being said, Creed II looks like it'll catapult the R/C anthology over Karate Kid/Cobra Kai.

Yeah, if I eliminated Rocky, I think that the results would be a little more interesting, because the race for 2nd would be extremely close. I love Warrior, The Wrestler was solid, The Karate Kid is a bit of a classic (not my favorite, but whatever), and Kickboxer/Bloodsport are both fun guilty pleasure movies.

Just now, EliteTexan80 said:

If we'd include the 10 episode show "Cobra Kai" on YouTube, I'd probably consider Karate Kid ahead of the Rocky/Creed anthology. This being said, Creed II looks like it'll catapult the R/C anthology over Karate Kid/Cobra Kai.

I'm more excited about Creed 2 than I care to admit. 

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Yeah, if I eliminated Rocky, I think that the results would be a little more interesting, because the race for 2nd would be extremely close. I love Warrior, The Wrestler was solid, The Karate Kid is a bit of a classic (not my favorite, but whatever), and Kickboxer/Bloodsport are both fun guilty pleasure movies.

In 2nd, I'd probably go with Warrior - Tom Hardy was such a got damm beast in that movie.

Just now, EliteTexan80 said:

In 2nd, I'd probably go with Warrior - Tom Hardy was such a got damm beast in that movie.

Check that, 3rd. I'm including Cobra Kai in the Karate Kid anthology.

If they could incorporate My Cousin Vinny into The Karate Kid somehow, it would be the GOAT simply for Marisa Tomei. Just bring it all together.

Warrior is so good that my wife has sat with me through it at least 3 times. Tom Hardy played that role as well as I've seen anyone play a character, period.

That said, she's also enjoyed sitting through the entire Rocky Anthology with me, aside from Rocky V, which I refuse to watch altogether, except for the Street Fight at the end, which is totally fantastic, despite the putrid movie.

Archived