Predict the 53 man roster

doumeyer

Wonder if the Jets will make any player pickups during and right after training camp, will still have some holes to plug on the roster. And will we have any surprise cuts to our current roster. This should be a very competitive training camp for players who are on the bubble. I think the first need is to get a pass rushing D lineman, I know that is easier said than done. In four weeks we will start to get answers on all my questions. The one thing I believe is that we are going into training camp in the best shape in many years.

• 2 weeks later...

If we trade Bridgewater by the end of preseason, do you think we would bring Hackenberg back as the 3rd QB, sign someone like Clemens or Anderson, or just go with two QBs?

I really don’t see us carrying McCown, Teddy and Sam all year. As a fan there is no way I want to see Sam carrying a clipboard on game day. If Teddy is healthy he has already shown that he can be a top 15-20 starting QB, and McCown had maybe his best year ever in 2017, so I don’t see either of them, if healthy, as 3rd stringers either.

Also here’s a nice summary of over 80 players on our current roster

https://www.jetnation.com/2018/07/10/new-york-jets-whos-that-guy-jets-training-camp-cheat-sheet/

5 hours ago, Rich51 said:

If we trade Bridgewater by the end of preseason, do you think we would bring Hackenberg back as the 3rd QB, sign someone like Clemens or Anderson, or just go with two QBs?

I really don’t see us carrying McCown, Teddy and Sam all year. As a fan there is no way I want to see Sam carrying a clipboard on game day. If Teddy is healthy he has already shown that he can be a top 15-20 starting QB, and McCown had maybe his best year ever in 2017, so I don’t see either of them, if healthy, as 3rd stringers either.

https://www.jetnation.com/2018/07/10/new-york-jets-whos-that-guy-jets-training-camp-cheat-sheet/

Darnold may not be ready, and Teddy has supposedly looked great during training camp, he should give us the best chance to win early on

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 2:55 PM, Rich51 said:

It is had to argue with that report by Glenn Naughton, on the 80 players that are the Jet's roster now. I think the key to start the season is Terry Bridgewater, if he comes back and looks great in training camp what a plus it will be for the Jets, either as starting QB till Darnold, is ready or as trade bait for at least a second round pick. The Jets might even want to keep him as a back up for Sam. Right now all we can do is see how this whole scenario plays out, we will know move in about a month.

10 hours ago, doumeyer said:

It is had to argue with that report by Glenn Naughton, on the 80 players that are the Jet's roster now. I think the key to start the season is Terry Bridgewater, if he comes back and looks great in training camp what a plus it will be for the Jets, either as starting QB till Darnold, is ready or as trade bait for at least a second round pick. The Jets might even want to keep him as a back up for Sam. Right now all we can do is see how this whole scenario plays out, we will know move in about a month.

I agree. Right now there are so many possible scenarios. I do hope, if we trade him it’s for at least a 2nd. If he was to be our starting QB all year, more than likely we would either lose him in free agency for a 3rd or franchise and trade him. The problem with losing him through free agency is that we could sign a high price free agent that would negate his value. The bottom line for me is that he has no future here so if we can get a good deal before the trading deadline we should trade him. I believe(hope)Sam will be our starting QB in 2019 regardless of what he does this year.

I look forward to making predictions soon, but I'll say this: if Darnold is close to ready, the Jets will aim to trade Bridgewater (if 100% healthy) and only keep 2 QBs (McCown, Darnold). Any other scenario I believe Teddy will ultimately be the starter. 

3 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

I look forward to making predictions soon, but I'll say this: if Darnold is close to ready, the Jets will aim to trade Bridgewater (if 100% healthy) and only keep 2 QBs (McCown, Darnold). Any other scenario I believe Teddy will ultimately be the starter. 

That would be best case scenario.  Anything with Darnold starting (and playing well) and trading Teddy for anything better than a 2nd rounder would be a dream come true.

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 12:01 PM, Rockice_8 said:

That would be best case scenario.  Anything with Darnold starting (and playing well) and trading Teddy for anything better than a 2nd rounder would be a dream come true.

I agree with you, If Bridgewater, plays real well it might be more than A dream come true that we could get more than a #2 draft pick, for him. As things stand now it looks like Bridgewater will start the season, but it is to early to tell, how this whole QB thing will work out.

Archived