Predict the 53 man roster

doumeyer

2 hours ago, Rich51 said:

Cuts should start today. I hope some decent OL are cut by other teams because of salary or overcrowding. I really want to at least see an upgrade for Qvale and Ijalana 

Me too. I’d like to see us upgrade at OT, TB and Edge from cuts if possible

9 hours ago, ekill08x said:

the future would be even brighter with any sort of pass rush. that seconardy will be very underwhelming if they don’t make a trade to bolster the rush. i do agree though, jones looks solid so far. 

Of course, but that could be handled between now and next offseason with our ability to trade and cap space. So I'm not as worried as I used to be and the fact that Macc is showing interest in players like Folwer & Mack, shows that he's thinking what we are all thinking. He's probably going to pull off a trade soon. If not, we'll be able to cash out on someone next offseason. 

It wouldn't surprise me if we traded a 2019 3rd & 2020 3rd for an LB. 

On 8/15/2018 at 4:53 PM, Rockice_8 said:

53 Man Roster

Offense
QB: Darnold, McCown (2)
RB: Crowell, Powell, McGuire, Cannon (4)
WR: Anderson, Kearse, Enunwa, Pryor, McBride, Hanson, (6)
TE: Herndon, Tomlinson, Leggett (3)
OL: Beach, Carp, Long, Winters, Shell, Harrison, Dozier, Qvale (8)
FB: Flowers (1)

Total = 24

Defense
DL: Williams, McClendon, Shepard, Pennel, Anderson, Fatukasi (6)
LB: Martin, Lee, Williamson, Jenkins, Hewitt, Copeland, Pierre-Louis, Donahue (8)
CB: Johnson, Claiborne, Skrine, Nickerson, Jones, Roberts, Burris (7)
S: Adams, Maye, Brooks, Middleton, Wilcox (5)

Total = 26

Miles: IR to return

Specials
K, P, LS (3)

Total = 53

Bubble guys/Practice Squad possibilities
Luvu
Flowers
Walford
Sterling
Robinson
Burris
Minter
Mauldin
Coleman
Burris

Updated 53 man roster now that TC is over. 

Offense: (24)
QB: Darnold, McCown (2)
RB: Crowell, Powell, West, McGuire (4)
WR: Anderson, Enunwa, Kearse, Pryor, Roberts, Peake (6)
TE: Herndon, Tomlinson, Walford, Leggett (4)
OL: Beach, Carp, Long, Winters, Shell, Harrison, Dozier, FA OT (8)
FB: None

Defense: 26
DL: Williams, McClendon, Shepard, Pennel, Anderson, Cooper (6)
LB: Martin, Lee, Williamson, Jenkins, Hewitt, Pierre-Louis, Donahue, TRADE FOR A RUSHER!!! (8)
CB: Johnson, Claiborne, Skrine, Nickerson, Jones, Robinson (after 4 game suspension) Roberts, Burris (cut once Robinson is ready) (7)
S: Adams, Maye, Brooks, Middleton, Wilcox (5)

Specials: 3
K: Myers
P: Edwards
LS: Hennessy 

PS: 
Luvu
Fatukasi (has a shot to knock Cooper off the 53 or maybe they only keep 3 TE's and try to stash Leggett on PS)
Cannon
Clark
Flowers
Braden
Stewart
Hansen
Sterling
Random FA pickup

3 hours ago, Rich51 said:

Cuts should start today. I hope some decent OL are cut by other teams because of salary or overcrowding. I really want to at least see an upgrade for Qvale and Ijalana 

YEah... Deadline for rigid roster is tomorrow at 4pm.    Ijalana is on IR.  Beechum is dealing injury.  Jets are down to only Qvale for LT. yuck!

Big time disappointments this TC and PS from the likes of guys like Hansen, Stewart, any TE, any OL, Flowers.

Jones is our only good story after all of camp and PS. Let’s hope we are smart enough to keep him on the 53.

Macc I’ve determined is clueless when it comes to drafting skill position players. Not 1 good player at RB, WR or TE.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Macc I’ve determined is clueless when it comes to drafting skill position players. Not 1 good player at RB, WR or TE.

I don’t agree at TE- Herndon is going to be good and Leggett was a worthy late pick who hasn’t shed the injury bug yet.

Otherwise that’s fine: just draft OL and defense, sign FAs to play RB and WR. It has done the patriots well for years. 

7 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

I don’t agree at TE- Herndon is going to be good and Leggett was a worthy late pick who hasn’t shed the injury bug yet.

Otherwise that’s fine: just draft OL and defense, sign FAs to play RB and WR. It has done the patriots well for years. 

Second that.  It seems like Macc or maybe Bowles? likes veterans for WR and RB.  Hell, Macc found Robby Anderson as UDFA.

Without a long term qb, it is really hard to find number one WR.  Now we get Darnold so we will see which WR will emerge out and some fans will claim that Macc is genius for finding one. eh?

USAtoday write up about Jets vs Eagles.    Leggett is hurt again.  Hansen did not any good but it is crazy to use this game as a final decision on cutting WR as Wolford is out of practice and has no arm strength.  Hewitt and Copeland have shown something. Good for them.

2 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

I have to see these guys perform until I say they’re good. We thought Hansen and Stewart would be good and look how that’s gone. We apparently don’t think RBs are worth anything with where we seem to draft them. So Macc got QB right. I hope he can get the rest of the offense together. Otherwise we waste another potential franchise QB by giving them nothing around them

Archived