Thoughts on the Offseason

AlexGreen#20

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Dez probably has had plenty of one year low-ball offers at this point. My guess is he's waiting for the first big WR camp injury so that he can both have leverage and a solid guarantee that he'll see volume of targets. 

When I was a little boy growing up in the kill or be-killed world of Madison's near west side, I always dreamed I would grow up to be an NFL's superstar's agent, holding out for a random season-ending injury so my client could retain a scrap of dignity when he's forced to sign a one-season,  no-confidence contract.

Mostly I agree with you, but I think Dez's ego probably won't agree.  Maybe I agree with SSG.  Some team will offer him the same sort of contract other teams have offered, but a team like the Pats can allow Dez to announce he wants a chance at a SB ring . . . that he's taking the small offer because he wants to compete.

5 hours ago, StinkySauce said:

When I was a little boy growing up in the kill or be-killed world of Madison's near west side, I always dreamed I would grow up to be an NFL's superstar's agent, holding out for a random season-ending injury so my client could retain a scrap of dignity when he's forced to sign a one-season,  no-confidence contract.

Mostly I agree with you, but I think Dez's ego probably won't agree.  Maybe I agree with SSG.  Some team will offer him the same sort of contract other teams have offered, but a team like the Pats can allow Dez to announce he wants a chance at a SB ring . . . that he's taking the small offer because he wants to compete.

xD that's funny dude; not your dream but...the second half of it.

Dez needs to slow his roll and humble himself. It's hard, the evidence is there for him to get a better offer than what he's getting, but it's not as if he's turning down offers that can't pay the bills...

The looooooooonger offseason gave the Packers front office and coaches more time than usual to work on things in house. It also meant a lot less wear and tear on AR as he not only missed 10 games, but ended his abbreviated season in mid- December instead of mid January.

The last time Rodgers got hurt and we blew, we went to the NFC Championship game and watched our LB's and ST's choke the game away to an elite defense and ST's. If history repeats itself, we're Superb Owl bound...

47 minutes ago, Joe said:

The last time Rodgers got hurt and we blew, we went to the NFC Championship game and watched our LB's and ST's choke the game away to an elite defense and ST's. If history repeats itself, we're Superb Owl bound...

Offense choked it away more than anybody on the defense man

15 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Offense choked it away more than anybody on the defense man

I've heard the anti-McCarthy argument. I don't agree with it. Not when Seattle had an elite defense and ST's killed it for us twice.

24 minutes ago, Joe said:

I've heard the anti-McCarthy argument. I don't agree with it. Not when Seattle had an elite defense and ST's killed it for us twice.

Offense scored 1 TD and 2 FGs (not including field goals kicked when the drive started in field goal range) against 2 Turnovers. While being gifted 5 turnovers.

Defense allowed 2 TDs in regulation. With 5 takeaways.

Offense has way way way more blame than the defense.

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Offense scored 1 TD and 2 FGs (not including field goals kicked when the drive started in field goal range) against 2 Turnovers. While being gifted 5 turnovers.

Defense allowed 2 TDs in regulation. With 5 takeaways.

Offense has way way way more blame than the defense.

I wasn't blaming the defense. I was blaming ST's. Not going to say the offense couldn't have done more. I'll give you that, but you can't deny that ST's lost us that game. Fake FG throw to Gilliam that Hawk could've stopped. Boneheaded play by Brandon Bostick. Those two plays don't happen and I'm very confident there's a 5th Lombardi at 1265...

Also. Seattle had an elite defense.

Not going to argue this...

1 hour ago, Joe said:

I wasn't blaming the defense. I was blaming ST's. Not going to say the offense couldn't have done more. I'll give you that, but you can't deny that ST's lost us that game. Fake FG throw to Gilliam that Hawk could've stopped. Boneheaded play by Brandon Bostick. Those two plays don't happen and I'm very confident there's a 5th Lombardi at 1265...

Also. Seattle had an elite defense.

Not going to argue this...

If Rodgers doesn't throw 2 picks.

If we get any push in the run game on those earlier drives.

Any of those things don't happen we win as well. I'm sick of people treating Rodgers and the offense with the kids gloves regarding the playoff loses.

Archived