AlexGreen#20

Thoughts on the Offseason

4 hours ago, SSG said:

He might improve but I've got my doubts.  He's one of the 2 or 3 least athletic WRs in the league and offers absolutely no upside in regards to athleticism.  The only reason he's in the league is because of his work in the film room IMO.  

I think its going to play out a lot like 2015 when we needed a major impact from an athletically limited 31 year old James Jones ( though Jones was  more talented as a WR IMO).  Having to force throws in impossible windows because of an inability to get separation.  

I get it. The odds are stacked against him. If it will make you feel better, he is a better athlete than Anquon Boldin. He does have good height, route running skills, and hands. 

I think he plays a lot better than he tested. He may not have practiced for the testing, I dont know.  He dominated some good DBs at the east-west Shrine game and I think he has some potential.

4 hours ago, SSG said:

He might improve but I've got my doubts.  He's one of the 2 or 3 least athletic WRs in the league and offers absolutely no upside in regards to athleticism.  The only reason he's in the league is because of his work in the film room IMO.  

I think its going to play out a lot like 2015 when we needed a major impact from an athletically limited 31 year old James Jones ( though Jones was  more talented as a WR IMO).  Having to force throws in impossible windows because of an inability to get separation.  

Are you talking about Jordy or Allison?

Just now, Kenrik said:

Are you talking about Jordy or Allison?

Allison.

3 hours ago, VegasDan said:

I get it. The odds are stacked against him. If it will make you feel better, he is a better athlete than Anquon Boldin. He does have good height, route running skills, and hands. 

I think he plays a lot better than he tested. He may not have practiced for the testing, I dont know.  He dominated some good DBs at the east-west Shrine game and I think he has some potential.

Doesn't make me feel better.  There are few Anquon Boldins in NFL history.  In modern NFL, few WRs that are Allison's caliber of athlete make it in the NFL.  Given their college careers and the start of their NFL career, he's a lot closer to Jarrett Boykin than he is Anquan Boldin IMO.  Hopefully his year 3 is a lot better than Boykin's year 3 because Boykin had almost exactly this amount of optimism going into year 3 after his extremely productive sophomore year and the big role he was looking to have (before he lost it to DA).