Woj: Paul George to re-sign with Thunder

49erurtaza

very interested to see the impact this decision has on Kawhi's trade market. they're essentially the same situation, widely believed to want to go to LA at all costs in a year. seeing PG re-sign should have teams more willing to roll the dice on the idea they could encourage Kawhi to stay.

44 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

PG just kept LA from forming a super team to compete with the Warriors. Lebron is running out of options to get another ring, as long as he is dead set on taking the max. He might as well stay in Cleveland. 

Not with Dan Gilbert. Nope.

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Lets not do this. 

Sorry I don't believe they have any real chance of winning a ring.  They've got no financial flexibility, they lack any sort of notable draft pick assets and they can't trade their own FRP until 2022, and they're lacking with young players.

Honestly, I think the part that's more mind boggling is that he signed a 3+1 deal.  I'm not sure if that says more about him, or the fact that his agent let him sign that deal.  He only needed 2 years to hit the 10+ year mark, and get 35% of the cap.   Let's not sugarcoat this.  This was all about the money.

Just now, Pastor Dillon said:

PG doesn’t want to be the man. I can respect that. The thunder have an insane payroll now

No.  Paul George took the most guaranteed money that he could have gotten.  IF that's what he wanted, he should have just stuck with Indiana.

huge huge huge win for OKC. could have an impact on teams taking swings for guys w one year left. Presti is the man for this. I don't think their ceiling is super high, but it's still such a huge win for them

Archived