Woj: Paul George to re-sign with Thunder

49erurtaza

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Sorry I don't believe they have any real chance of winning a ring.  They've got no financial flexibility, they lack any sort of notable draft pick assets and they can't trade their own FRP until 2022, and they're lacking with young players.

Honestly, I think the part that's more mind boggling is that he signed a 3+1 deal.  I'm not sure if that says more about him, or the fact that his agent let him sign that deal.  He only needed 2 years to hit the 10+ year mark, and get 35% of the cap.   Let's not sugarcoat this.  This was all about the money.

If it was all for money he wouldn't have signed a four year deal with a three year out. Maybe he just likes it on OKC and likes playing with Westbrook? Maybe he doesn't want to play for his third team in three years?

All this hate on George now. It’s laughable. The Lakers should’ve traded for him last offseason if they really wanted him. They hedged their bets thinking they wanted him but didn’t want to give up assets to get him and thought he would walk right in this offseason and they would get him straight up. They underestimated OKC and their management in doing what they can to keep him. I like the fact he is staying. OKC did well against the Warriors and the great teams in general. They fell apart when Roberson got hurt. When he comes back this upcoming season it’s going to be intriguing to see how OKC does with another year of George, Russ, and Melo together.

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

If it was all for money he wouldn't have signed a four year deal with a three year out. Maybe he just likes it on OKC and likes playing with Westbrook? Maybe he doesn't want to play for his third team in three years?

Also the dude broke his damn leg and missed a whole year pretty recently so I can't blame the guy for wanting some longer term security. 

1 minute ago, Kip Smithers said:

You mean another super team? Yeah not sure how that’s good for the NBA and smaller markets for that matter

It's going to take another super team to beat the current one in Golden State or are you happy to have them cruise to NBA championships for the next 3-4 years.

George in OKC changes nothing.

Archived