Nick Bosa vs Ed Oliver

Scout

Bosa v Olivee  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Better NFL Player

• Nick Bosa
    • Ed Oliver

Going to be very hard to top the Mannings given that they both may very well end up in the hall of fame (and then there's the fact that they are both quarterbacks, so the positional importance will give them more weight when people are considering something like that). 

That is true, Eli having 2 rings and both being QB's will keep them higher. But in terms of being top at their position, I think its more likely that both Bosa's are top 5 for longer than both Mannings were, if they even ever were.

On 7/5/2018 at 2:52 PM, reamer said:

I just don't know if that's quite true. I'm sure Oliver is an extremely impressive athlete, but Donald had one of the all time great Combine performances for a DT. I like Oliver, but I'm not 100% convinced he's going to be great in the NFL. I think he'll be very good, but Donald is just on another level.

As was similarly understated with (Joey) Bosa as well, Donald's level of technical polish coming out of college was massively underheralded.  Admittedly, I need to watch more tape on Oliver to really get a feeling for how clean his technique is, but we've seen uber-athletes who were clearly getting by on out-athleting the opposition in college peter out in the pro's or, at least, take a little while to find their footing before they really start putting up "dominating" performances (case in recent hand: DeForrest Buckner).

Nick Bosa's pedigree speaks for itself in terms of the level of technical coaching he's received and the benchmark that he knows he's going to be held to (his brother) as far as his technical proficiency.  Joey had some of the best handwork of a DL prospect in a long time.  Nick's isn't far off, and he still has time to further that development before draft season rolls around.

On 9/6/2018 at 6:49 PM, MSURacerDT55 said:

Oliver stands alone in his comparison IMO, in terms of athleticism nobody, except Donald but in play wise, Warren Sapp/Suh

My most immediate comparison is Suh, but again, I'm not sure how technically proficient he is compared to Suh (as a prospect).  Suh was pretty far along in his development.  I remember massive amounts of back and forth discussion about Suh's technical development in the many back and forths folks had on this site and other in the prospect-to-prospect comparisons of Suh vs Gerald McCoy.

15 hours ago, The LBC said:

My most immediate comparison is Suh, but again, I'm not sure how technically proficient he is compared to Suh (as a prospect).  Suh was pretty far along in his development.  I remember massive amounts of back and forth discussion about Suh's technical development in the many back and forths folks had on this site and other in the prospect-to-prospect comparisons of Suh vs Gerald McCoy.

I waa around then, and guarantee I had something to say...?. In terms of the comparison, the raw power, stength at the point of attack and dominance, but the crazy thing is, we still yet to factor in his unreal athleticism. 

I would compare Rashan Gary to Gerald McCoy if he played 3 tech.

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 9:42 PM, Forge said:

Going to be very hard to top the Mannings given that they both may very well end up in the hall of fame (and then there's the fact that they are both quarterbacks, so the positional importance will give them more weight when people are considering something like that). 

Honestly, I think it'll be impressive enough if they surpass a brother pairing like the Barbers. 

Don't forget everyone's favorite NFL brothers.  The Matthews, Bruce is in the Hall and Clay Jr. is on the ballot this year.  There is some stiff competition for the best brothers to ever play.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2018 at 5:59 PM, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Bosa had himself a day today, absolutely ABUSED Tariq Cole. Cole is no slouch, 5th year senior, RU's best lineman, has received measure draft hype in the past and actually had a good game game against Bosa last year.

As a Rutgers' fan Cole will ride that game against Bosa last year to a his first NFL contract. He just isn't that good to me. 

On 9/6/2018 at 9:06 AM, BayRaider said:

Raiders trade their own 1st (21), Bears 1st (11), Bears 2019 1st, and a 5th for the 2nd Pick in the draft. Basically trading Mack for Oliver/Bosa. We'll see if it works!

Unless we end up with the #1 or #2 pick like we will at our current trajectory

For me its Oliver. He is a gamewrecker in every sense. Ive been watching him his entire career. Ill watch entire games about 2 teams i care absolutely nothing about just to watch him play. He's flatout incredible to watch and one of the most physically gifted athletes ive ever seen in my life, regardless of position.

On 9/6/2018 at 11:06 AM, BayRaider said:

Raiders trade their own 1st (21), Bears 1st (11), Bears 2019 1st, and a 5th for the 2nd Pick in the draft. Basically trading Mack for Oliver/Bosa. We'll see if it works!

Thats interesting at least. Saves them alot of money at the expense of some 1sts at the hopes that 1 becomes as good as Mack

5 hours ago, riceman80 said:

For me its Oliver. He is a gamewrecker in every sense. Ive been watching him his entire career. Ill watch entire games about 2 teams i care absolutely nothing about just to watch him play. He's flatout incredible to watch and one of the most physically gifted athletes ive ever seen in my life, regardless of position.

I'm not trying to take away from Oliver's great collegiate career but he's got issues rushing the passer. The guy is one of the best I've ever seen against the run but he's not Aaron Donald. 

5 hours ago, pnies20 said:

I'm not trying to take away from Oliver's great collegiate career but he's got issues rushing the passer. The guy is one of the best I've ever seen against the run but he's not Aaron Donald. 

Aaron Donald wouldn't be Aaron Donald if he was consistently doubled and tripled teamed usually with one blocker going for an immediate chop block while another aims for him up high.

2 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Aaron Donald wouldn't be Aaron Donald if he was consistently doubled and tripled teamed usually with one blocker going for an immediate chop block while another aims for him up high.

That doesn't solve the issue that ed Oliver isn't more than an average pass rusher from the interior of the DL.

21 hours ago, pnies20 said:

then you clearly never seen him play.  Going from Todd Orlando to Mark D'Onofrio is like going from a Bentley to a Pinto.

On 9/6/2018 at 8:06 AM, BayRaider said:

... I think I would actually be okay with this 

Archived