Nick Bosa vs Ed Oliver

Scout

Bosa v Olivee  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Better NFL Player

• Nick Bosa
    • Ed Oliver

9 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Did you see him acting like Odell Beckham Jr. in pregame?

No, I didn't see the game.  You're essentially saying he's faking his injury or he's not as injured as he says he is, but why would he not want to play?  What would be his goal for sitting out?

8 minutes ago, showtime said:

No, I didn't see the game.  You're essentially saying he's faking his injury or he's not as injured as he says he is, but why would he not want to play?  What would be his goal for sitting out?

My thought?

"Mannn,  dat Tulane team be gargabe. I ain't risking getting hurt in dat meaninless game, bruh."

1 minute ago, BleedTheClock said:

My thought?

"Mannn,  dat Tulane team be gargabe. I ain't risking getting hurt in dat meaninless game, bruh."

So do you question his motor or effort level?  I'm asking because I remember Clowney not playing games because he was so concerned with injury and that was something that was questioned about him before he got drafted.

7 minutes ago, showtime said:

So do you question his motor or effort level?  I'm asking because I remember Clowney not playing games because he was so concerned with injury and that was something that was questioned about him before he got drafted.

I question his character. Blowing off your team during the regular season and then screaming in your coaches face is a big red flag for me regardless of who was right or wrong. 

3 hours ago, showtime said:

Unconfirmed or not, there's a belief that Oliver is thinking hard of pulling a Nick Bosa.   The OBJ-like show pre-game probably didn't help that perception.

I actually don't have a problem with Bosa for what he did, or if Oliver is thinking about doing the same, but obviously HOU might feel differently, if he's just playing out the string.   I do think if he's thinking about doing it, he should just be upfront about it, and not string the team along.   After what happened last night, though, whether it was premeditated before last night, now  I wouldn't be surprised to see Oliver pull a Bosa now and declare for the NFL draft, and sit out the rest of the season.

9 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Meh not really. You don't get into a screaming match with your coach when you're that kind of a high profile player. Not before the draft, anyways.

And I don't blame the coach for being "petty." His star player sat out the game with a knee injury and then was doing his best Odell Beckham Jr. impression during pregame. That's a piece of crap move. And this is coming from one of Oliver's biggest supporters on here. It was a very bad night for Oliver's stock IMO. Will this drop him out of the top 5? Almost assuredly not, but when he's so close with the other talent in this draft, a move like this is going to drop him, no doubt.

he sure as heck didnt have a problem with it the last 2 games vs smu and vs temple.  applewhite needs to keep that same energy and hold mark donofrio accountable instead.

8 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Because he wanted to wear a jacket??? Terrible take bro, so because he wants to wear a jacket he's a head case? because he wants to sit out to preserve himself for the combine?, why is he looked at as a head case and Bosa is being lauded?, this is a total BS narrative and it needs to stop.

As far as Applewhite, total punk move. If I were an elite recruit, I wouldn't dare play for him, this isn't the 1960's, you don't treat elite recruits/players like this. He easily could have taken him to the side away from everyone else, or waited till halftime and had a one on one away from everyone else, but he chose to be Billy Badass and show how big his wood is, He easily could have shown his strength as a coach by how he approached this situation, he could have conveyed his point and earned credibility with the there players, and Oliver as well, he FAILED and probably divided the lockerroom as well.

Nick Saban,Urban Meyer, Dabo Sweeney wouldn't have thought twice about this, but Applewhite sure did. This just proved to me he isn't a major Division 1 football coach, that was a JV High School move.

not like this clown gets any elite recruits anyway. cant wait till he is gone.

Just now, One Punch Man said:

Major Applewhite is a moron. I’d get in his face too if he told me I can’t wear a jacket. 

Go get em Eddy. 

Did you not see Oliver totally ripping on the strength coach for saying the same thing and disrespecting what he said as well?  That is why Applewhite had to come over.  You think if Nick Saban did this anyone would care?  Sure Applewhite has not accomplished much in terms of coaching but in a similar situation I think other coaches might have done the same.  His reaction was amazing, not many coaches could completely ignore this playing freaking the hell out looking like he is going to beat you down or something...

And secondly, if you think 30 degrees is cold out, well you have simply have never been cold in your life, period.  NEGATIVE 30 degrees is cold, not freaking 30 degrees, that is boarderline shorts weather without any wind.  As for having enough jackets, they are Houston, of course they are not totally stocked with freaking winter wear.  Thus only players PLAYING in the game worn them because they matter in the contest, not the privileged injured sitting on the sidelines.  

Sure people can get upset about Major taking his jacket off, but Oliver's reaction has not justification at all.  He was wrong to react that way, you are not a baby so stop throwing a tantrum.  At least usually when one sees something like this it has to do with frustration and losing or something in the competition itself.  Not about something completely unrelated to the football game.  

10 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

i was at the game and i went to the previous 2 games before that and he did the same thing pre game.  not sure why thats a big deal.

I did not see his pre-game routine, but if it is an impressive vertical catch show he puts on.   That provides some information that yeah maybe your knee really isn't all that injured.  Thus if he actually played in the game, he could have worn this jacket of magic that is so important to him.    

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

I did not see his pre-game routine, but if it is an impressive vertical catch show he puts on.   That provides some information that yeah maybe your knee really isn't all that injured.  Thus if he actually played in the game, he could have worn this jacket of magic that is so important to him.    

he jogged a few routes and caught passes thats it. lol

honestly i wouldnt play either.  im assuming you are a hurricane fan so you are used to seeing bad defenses coached by donofrio.  why risk another injury playing for that loser?

7 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

he jogged a few routes and caught passes thats it. lol

honestly i wouldnt play either.  im assuming you are a hurricane fan so you are used to seeing bad defenses coached by donofrio.  why risk another injury playing for that loser?

Um no, I am a fan of Sean Taylor, thank you.  He is probably my most favorite football prospect I have ever watched.  You might have some misplaced expectations for your football team, assuming you are a Houston Cougars fan of course.  That team sure has had some good times but they will never be an elite program. Heck look at the fan support and that is for a some what good team and still no one goes to the games even with the new stadium.  At least in that conference, it will be hard to get any growth there or recruits period.  Sure blame Applewhite but Ed Oliver is the one that embarrassed himself last night.  Acting like if his precious jacket was taken away he would die or something, grow a pair and maybe experience real cold weather once in your life, and no real cold weather is not freaking 30 degrees....

Archived