Kam Chancellor announced his retirement

49erurtaza

16 hours ago, Eagles $5$ said:

I love watching him play, but nobody should play the game like he did. He went for the kill hit all the time, and that's why he is out of the game so early. 

I wish him the best of luck, but players need to learn and change the way they play if they want to safe and not suffer long term injuries. 

Playing NFL football will never be safe, and long term reminders of playing the sport are inevitable if anyone has played several years. In the 2000s and earlier, many more safeties delivered those big hits, it's one of many ways the game has changed. Because of rules changes, today's safeties often let up before contact. It's helped offenses, and the dumb helmet lowering rule this season will affect defenses more than offenses. When Kam Chancellor entered the NFL, he was well aware a career could be over with a single hit. Hope he saved his money, and his a plan for the next phase of his life.

Many other careers have negative long term health effects. Working in construction often results in hand problems and hearing loss. Sedentary careers often cause back issues, circulatory problems, or weight gain. The list goes on and on, playing NFL football is just a compressed, more violent way to make a living. One of the many benefits of being a player is the potential to set yourself up for life financially in a short time span. Also, the contacts are valuable as well. 

On 7/2/2018 at 2:55 PM, Eagles $5$ said:

I love watching him play, but nobody should play the game like he did. He went for the kill hit all the time, and that's why he is out of the game so early. 

I wish him the best of luck, but players need to learn and change the way they play if they want to safe and not suffer long term injuries. 

???

Kam was a textbook tackler.

50 minutes ago, Eagles $5$ said:

B9sPD0pCcAAhwwY.jpg

I can show you 10 other pictures of hits like this... he is big hitter, there is a reason why he is having neck problems at 30. 

Feel free. 

davis-chancellor-062617-getty-ftrjpg_a6i

Every player, especially high collision guys, will have plays with form that isn’t A-OK. Kam is still a walking film study when it comes to the safety position, that includes his tackling.

On 02/07/2018 at 12:50 AM, TheKillerNacho said:

I'm 99% sure the player retiring voids any money left on the contract. You cant just sign a $100M deal, walk away, and expect to be paid a cent, .

I don't think your right, for example Eric Wood will still cost the Bills despite being retired.

1 minute ago, BigMountainGoat said:

I don't think your right, for example Eric Wood will still cost the Bills despite being retired.

That's because Wood didn't retire (at least, not until the Bills cut him.) Same reason Kam isn't actually retiring. Retiring would've voided the guarantees. Chilling on the roster as a perpetually injured player until either paid or cut would keep the guarantees.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22256945/eric-wood-remains-buffalo-bills-roster-puts-retirement-hold-due-salary-cap-issue

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2018/06/01/buffalo-bills-release-center-eric-wood/662668002/

Archived