LeBron James to the Lakers 4 Years/$154M

brownie man

What the hell is the point of saying the Raptors as presently constructed are the 3rd best team when they would be getting Leonard in that hypothetical? What they are now is irrelevant to what can become with Leonard.

You can't say the Spurs have no intention of trading Kawhi to the Lakers when they haven't even offered Ingram yet. What the Spurs demand doesn't matter. Lakers can counter and put Ingram on the table, and by your own account, Ingram has more value than anyone else the Spurs would realistically get. If the Lakers offer Ingram and picks with other pieces not including Kuzma/Hart, and the Spurs still turn it down, then fine take your chance in 2019.

And if you could get Kawhi without losing the other core young pieces, then the Lakers would absolutely have a much better chance of winning it all. Sure the Warriors would be the favorites, but the Lakers with Ball/Hart/Kuzma/Kawhi/LeBron/Rondo/Wagner/KCP/etc is filthy. That is a team that could go heads up with Houston and beat them. The defensive versatility would allow them to switch out against the Warriors and they would have enough shot creators and makers to keep it competitive. Not only that, even if they fall short, the following season they won't have any growing pains with their core as they would have a playoff run under them. 

4 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Windhorst said the Lakers and 76ers have basically given up on getting Kawhi and that's why the Raptors are in the drivers seat. But I were them, I'd absolutely get rid of Ingram and picks for Kawhi. You don't really need Ingram if you have Kawhi. 

Ball/Hart/Kawhi/Kuzma/LeBron is a lethal line up on both ends. Ingram may be overkill if you have Kawhi and LeBron already to go along with the other youngsters. 

Agreed. Spurs need to just take Ingram and that pick and call it a day. Ingram is going to be a very good player and probably the best two way prospect their going to get from any team. Expecting three players for a guy who didn’t do much last season isn’t exactly a bright idea. He is going to walk away without them getting anything.

• 2 weeks later...

I was watching a clip from Area 21 that had Gary Payton and Candice Parker.  This clip was before LeBron made his decision to go to the Lakers.  It was posted in April, so during the postseason.  Both Parker and Payton agreed that LeBron would go west, but Parker was saying that LeBron should go to the Rockets.  Payton said that LeBron would go to the Lakers and it wasn't necessarily about winning championships, but more about totally changing the culture of a franchise and uplifting them much higher than they were (like he did with Cleveland both times and Miami).  

I bring this up that is a really interesting take and it makes a lot of sense.  Payton said that when LeBron uplifts the Lakers, regardless if they win a championship - that type of stuff along with all his stats, accolades, etc is what's going to prop him up in the Jordan vs Kobe vs LeBron debates instead of titles like most people tend to hinge on.

Also, Parker said that Lonzo Ball and LeBron cannot play together.  Payton countered that by saying that Ball will continue to get better and he said that he guarantees Ball improves along side LeBron.

Really short clip if anyone wants to watch:    

On 7/17/2018 at 2:05 PM, the lone star said:

I hope LeBron to the Lakers pushes the NBA towards reforming the playoffs. East is way too weak now.

Damn dude I was hoping to see what your reaction would have been next year when you stumble into this thread and learned about LeBron being a Laker.

On 7/17/2018 at 5:05 PM, the lone star said:

I hope LeBron to the Lakers pushes the NBA towards reforming the playoffs. East is way too weak now.

No way, KD thinks it be stupid to have teams like LA facing New Orleans in the playoffs because of the traveling... let that sink in, KD really said/thought that. 

• 7 months later...

Archived