LeBron James to the Lakers 4 Years/$154M

brownie man

23 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The Pelicans would be really interesting. Would be better off without Cousins if he goes but teaming up with Jrue/AD gives him a chance vs GS. 

Only way he stays in Cleveland at this point is if they sign PG in a S&T which is highly highly unlikely. 

Lakers are super young, but with Bron/PG, they would be able to throw some line ups out there that could defend the Dubs. But does a Ball/Kuzma/Ingram/Bron/PG line up have enough shooting? A lot of length and nice athleticism but getting more shooters would be a must. 

What does Cleveland have as assets to get other players in a trade though? I don't think Paul George is going to Cleveland no matter what. No one wants to go to Cleveland. Lebron James or not. 

I think about the only chance that the Cavs would have of keeping LeBron is if they are able to acquire a legitimate #2 option (trade Love), dump some salary/acquire an expiring contract, and keep the #8 pick or trade that for another legitimate piece.

They need to get younger/better defensively and need another viable scoring option/2 way guard.

If LeBron leaves, I wish him the best. The fact that he was able to pretty much single handedly take this dumpster squad to the NBA Finals shows how great/special he really is. We'll always have 2016.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised either way if he stayed or left. If he leaves, it won't be for a team with potential/up and comer. It will be with a contender NOW. The dude is 33 and old age is still undefeated.

19 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

What does Cleveland have as assets to get other players in a trade though? I don't think Paul George is going to Cleveland no matter what. No one wants to go to Cleveland. Lebron James or not. 

I mean if OKC is going to lose PG anyways, might as well get the 8th pick in return. In a S&T, you're not trying to get equal or close to equal value in return…. Just any value, preferably a draft pick or two. 

PG to Houston and Bron to SA just have three juggernauts out West. 

1 hour ago, mission27 said:

I think you are underrating how much of an egomaniacal control freak Lebron is tbh.  He could easily show up day 1 and want to trade Tatum for a hobbled Chris Paul, because Chris is his friend and we are doing this my way or the highway. 

He will never go to Boston because Ainge and Stevens are not going to be his puppets and Lebron needs to call all the shots.  Especially surrounded by a bunch of kids.  These kids were in diapers when I was in the league and I'm taking over.

Morey is also a serious guy but teaming up with CP and Harden to wreck the Warriors is a different animal.  Lebron loves those guys and wouldn't really need to tinker.  Mike D is also a complete clown who could easily be replaced with whatever puppet Lebron wanted and that team would be unreal.

Lebron has to be that way because of Cleveland as an organization. You don’t think he wouldn’t love to not have to think about the front office and coaching?

18 minutes ago, showtime said:

What players would Houston have if LeBron signed there?  What happens with Capela, Ariza, Gordon, Tucker, etc? People acting like Houston team stays in tact how it is now and they just add LeBron to that mix.

Pretty sure I read it is possible to keep Capela and sign Bron, but CP3 would have to take a bit less. Would have to move Gordon, renounce the rights of Capela/Ariza and trade away Anderson. 

12 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Lebron has to be that way because of Cleveland as an organization. You don’t think he wouldn’t love to not have to think about the front office and coaching?

I mean LeBron can be neutered as we saw in Miami. Would he prefer it that way? No, but with a strong organization he would have no choice but to fit in. 

Now that we are on LeBron to Boston, would they not have to get rid of Horford for it to happen? And no way would LeBron want to trade Tatum. Folks are twisting what happened with Love/Wiggins as LeBron not wanting to play with younger guys. Of course he like most win now teams wants proven vets, but Tatum like Simmons are already proven after their impressive rookie campaigns. Tatum could very easily be a high teens or low 20s type of scorer next season. He knows to beat GS he needs some thoroughbread youngsters to match up with them. Houston would be the exception, but the other teams linked to him are all young. 

I would hate for Boston to move Kyrie though. Love his game and it would be coooolldddddd blooded for Ainge to pull this move off LOL. A Brown/Tatum/Bron/Hayward/Rozier line up would be insane though. And obviously whatever you get for moving Kyrie. 

As stated before, the rockets only chance of signing Lebron is for Lebron to opt in and the rockets would have to work out a multiple team trade and the rockets will lose Ryan Anderson and Eric Gordon plus a lot of picks. Or they will lose PJ Tucker and Nene instead of Gordon 

capela, Ariza, Green, Moute and those guys can all come back and then either Gordon or Tucker. 

Philly is further along, has more pieces already in place, and is in the Eastern conference. I can't see why he'd want to go to LA unless he's looking to become more of a business man than a Basketball player at this point in his life.

IF he leaves Cleveland. It's Houston or Philly. 

8 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

If not the Cavs, the Celtics would be his top choice. Lakers and Pistons ties for next most likely destinations. Definitely not going to the Sixers or and I’d be surprised if he landed on the Rockets.

Trollolol?

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Think he clarified that he meant the Pelicans not the Pistons. 

The Celtics don't have in any way shape or form the money to pay him. Sixers have that and an amazing potential nucleus to put around him. Houston would have to lose some pieces, but it could still be addition by subtraction, all else aside, is it possible for them to have all 4 of Capela, CP3, Harden, and LeBron? You could convince ring chasers to come there on the cheap and fill in around them.

Archived