LeBron James to the Lakers 4 Years/$154M

brownie man

Yes, it is possible to have those four on the team in Houston. 

Count me in wanting him in Philly. I think that would be great and make the East interesting next season with the Celtics being an absolute juggernaut with their two all stars returning. But man LeBron is a grown a** man, not sure how he will react to some of Embiid's childish antics lmao. 

10 minutes ago, Danger said:

The Celtics don't have in any way shape or form the money to pay him. Sixers have that and an amazing potential nucleus to put around him. Houston would have to lose some pieces, but it could still be addition by subtraction, all else aside, is it possible for them to have all 4 of Capela, CP3, Harden, and LeBron? You could convince ring chasers to come there on the cheap and fill in around them.

I agree with this.  He could be the veteran leader in that locker room that the young guys need.  Embid and Simons with the potential of Fultz would be the most attractive to me if I were Lebron.  I think Houston is a 2 year deal, Boston likely is too as they will be losing a lot in the next couple of years due to not being able to afford it all/ Horford aging.  He can go to Philly and help the young guys develop and keep that core together for 4 or five years. 

Just now, Sllim Pickens said:

I agree with this.  He could be the veteran leader in that locker room that the young guys need.  Embid and Simons with the potential of Fultz would be the most attractive to me if I were Lebron.  I think Houston is a 2 year deal, Boston likely is too as they will be losing a lot in the next couple of years due to not being able to afford it all/ Horford aging.  He can go to Philly and help the young guys develop and keep that core together for 4 or five years. 

You'd also have Saric and Covington. 

I don't -think- they'd be able to bring back Reddick, but I think Ilyasova and/or Bellineli could still be in the cards.

1 hour ago, lancerman said:

Lebron has to be that way because of Cleveland as an organization. You don’t think he wouldn’t love to not have to think about the front office and coaching?

Completely disagree.

This is Lebron we are talking about.  He wants to run the show.  He is more than a basketball player.  This is long standing and goes back even before he left Cleveland the first time around.  You can’t put that genie back in the bottle and expect him to act like any other player.

18 minutes ago, Danger said:

The Celtics don't have in any way shape or form the money to pay him. Sixers have that and an amazing potential nucleus to put around him. Houston would have to lose some pieces, but it could still be addition by subtraction, all else aside, is it possible for them to have all 4 of Capela, CP3, Harden, and LeBron? You could convince ring chasers to come there on the cheap and fill in around them.

Celtics could S&T for him...

28 minutes ago, Danger said:

I sed he would like to play for the Celtics, but like you sed the Celtics don't have the money or the motivation necessarily to get James. trollolol

33 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Think he clarified that he meant the Pelicans not the Pistons. 

I think he would like playing for the Pistons sign and trade as one of his top ten team choices to go to, but they don't seem like they have the assets to make it happen while being a convincing enough contender. Still, like the Pelicans, the Pistons would boast a formidable front court:

SF GOAT LeBron James

PF Blake Griffin

C Andre Drummond

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Not a chance the Clippers are a better option.  They'll always be the other Los Angeles team, and given that they just traded away Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan likely opts out of his contract, they're not a very attractive destination.  That being said, if LeBron goes to Los Angeles it's to play with Paul George.  I don't see a scenario in which LeBron signs with the Lakers and Paul George doesn't.

look, I'm not tryna rip on your Lakers, mate, don't worry.

I don't know what them being "the other" los angeles team has to do with it. thing is, they've been better for the last 7 or so years, they were better last year, and with more proven experience on their team, as it stands now they're a safer bet to be better with LeBron next year. their team is a good fit with bron too, some good shooters and guys who can hold it down on defense. Not a huge fan of the Lakers players they have now playing around LeBron.

the one thing that's in the Lakers favor is the cap room, so if he wants to go and build his own team, the Lakers might be a better fit.

then the x-factor is the Lakers brand, which could go either way for him, we don't know. but it's not like he's going to laugh at the Clippers just because they're the Clippers. non-Lakers fans don't view the Clippers that way anymore.

If LeBron joined GS, and you don’t factor significant injuries, and Iggy and Liv stay for the bench, over a 3 year span, how many games do they lose - including playoffs?

So that’s a possible 294-0.

How many games do you think they lose?

Curry • Liv

Klay • McCaw

Durant • Iggy

LeBron • Looney

Green • D. Jones

2 minutes ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

If LeBron joined GS, and you don’t factor significant injuries, and Iggy and Liv stay for the bench, over a 3 year span, how many games do they lose - including playoffs?

Curry • Liv

Klay • McCaw

Durant • Iggy

LeBron • Looney

Green • D. Jones

They lose zero.

Also they win zero, because the NBA is canceled.

3 minutes ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

Curry • Liv

Klay • McCaw

Durant • Iggy

LeBron • Looney

Green • D. Jones

That is impossible.  Klay/Draymond and Iggy would be gone.

LeBron can go to Houston if he opts in like CP3 and forces a trade.  Gordon is an asset, so trading him wouldn't be a problem.  Anderson is not an asset, so they'd have to attach 2 picks to him.  I've said if I were Cleveland or a 3rd team I'd rather have picks a couple years down the road to take on Anderson after LeBron and CP3 decline, but others said teams wouldn't wait that long.  So split the difference: Eric Gordon, Ryan Anderson, 2019 1st Round Pick, and 2023 1st Round Pick.  Boom, LeBron to Houston without killing the team.  It'd simply be up to the ownership whether they'd be willing to pay to keep everyone else (Capela, Ariza, Moute, Green).

Archived