LeBron James to the Lakers 4 Years/$154M

brownie man

4 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

Tell that to the Spurs. The Spurs isnt going to give up Kawhi for nothing. If the Lakers wait till next offseason to get Kawhi, it could backfire like it did with George. Kawhi could choose to go to the Clippers who is making their way into having the cap space next summer. So when I say the Lakers have to give up the farm, they do if they want to pry Kawhi from the Spurs. 

As for bad contract, I dont necessarily mean bad contract from any structure. I am just saying that if the Lakers sign Cousins to any deal, its going to take some time to get right from the Achilles injury. Cousins probably wont be himself for most of the year which means the Lakers will be banking on the second half of the season. That sounds so familiar to LeBron with Thomas this past season with the Cavs. How people said Thomas wont be fully back until the second half of the season but he never was then got traded. I am not saying Cousins is Thomas but the situation will be similar and maybe LeBron dont want to have to deal with that again. 

Agree - there's no guarantees - but I just dont want to gut our roster for a single guy / MAX contract. Been there done that with Kobe. Now - we have more flexibility than with Kobe, so the comparison isnt apples to apples. I'm just saying. If we DO move a bunch of players for Leonard - it better be contingent on a new longer term contract. If I'm the GM I;m not moving multiple younger guy based on "Well I really love the weather in LA.....gotta bunch of homies living in the area.....and yeah, I'll probably stay" promises from Leonard. Nope.

14 minutes ago, showtime said:

Why would LeBron not attend a meeting with the Sixers reps if he was truly interested in joining them?  Like, what's his thought process to not talking to anyone in the Sixers organization today?

He’s not physically meeting with anyone 

Obviously LeBron is the best player, so he would make any team better.  I just don't like his fit with Ben Simmons all that much.  However, one of the biggest selling points of going to the Sixers is the fact that he stays in the east.

I'm not even entirely sold on the fact that the Sixers (with LeBron) are guaranteed to even make it the Finals in the east.  It's probably his best chance to continue to try to make it to the Finals, though.

I rather him retire. If he goes to anyone but the Sixers, Boston, or Stays in Cleveland it’s pretty clear he’s looking at post nba life and isn’t chasing titles. The lakers as is, is 2-3 years away from competing with the warriors and that’s if Ingram,Ball,Hart, and Kuzma continue to develop. Obviously acquiring Leonard and Boogie changes that but I don’t even think that’ll be enough to beat them. Atleast in the east he can get to the finals and have a chance a slim chance (0. 1%) but atleast he’ll be there. In the West. He wouldn’t even make it out of the 2nd round. IMHO 

Honestly why wouldn't Lebron consider the Nuggets if getting a ring was a top priority? More talent than the Lakers or Cavs, and right there with the Sixers. He won't consider the Nuggets though, and it's because I'm sure for him it still comes down to a lot more than just putting himself in the best position to win a ring.

4 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Honestly why wouldn't Lebron consider the Nuggets if getting a ring was a top priority? More talent than the Lakers or Cavs, and right there with the Sixers. He won't consider the Nuggets though, and it's because I'm sure for him it still comes down to a lot more than just putting himself in the best position to win a ring.

How could they even get him? S&T?

7 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

lebron is old playing in that altitude year round is just tiring man 

Archived