LeBron James to the Lakers 4 Years/$154M

brownie man

Just now, 11sanchez11 said:

How could they even get him? S&T?

They'd have to dump at least 3 of Faried, Plumlee, Arthur and Chandler's contracts. Chandler is a good player, I think plenty of teams would take him and his 1 year and give us assets. Faried, Plumlee and Arthur on the other hand will require giving up assets along with them, we'd have to get rid of at least 1 future 1st, probably multiple, to dump all those contracts.

3 hours ago, showtime said:

That's really interesting.  Is that normal or just a thing that LeBron does?

They said ahead of time this year that he wasn’t going through all this. Letting his agent do the talking. Lebron knows what these teams have to offer. 

1 minute ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

They said ahead of time this year that he wasn’t going through all this. Letting his agent do the talking. Lebron knows what these teams have to offer. 

So then is he just taking all these meetings out of courtesy and he already 100% knows where he's going?  Well, courtesy might be the wrong word.  The Sixers are a legit team that could land LeBron, but I just mean you think he already has his mind 100% made up before the free agency period even began and he's just taking these meetings out of respect and/or to continue getting all of this attention.

Just now, showtime said:

So then is he just taking all these meetings out of courtesy and he already 100% knows where he's going?  Well, courtesy might be the wrong word.  The Sixers are a legit team that could land LeBron, but I just mean you think he already has his mind 100% made up before the free agency period even began and he's just taking these meetings out of respect and/or to continue getting all of this attention.

He doesn't need to anymore.  He can enjoy himself while his agent takes care of the meetings.

1 minute ago, DirtyDez said:

Lebron and Rich Paul using the 76ers is a smart move.  San Antonio might end up getting some unprotected picks along with Ingram/Kuzma.  

Uh, what?

Just now, MookieMonster said:

Lebron is forcing LAs hand. Either give up what SA wants or I sign with Philly. He’s implying he’s simply using Philly to get what he wants in LA, pretty good chance it’s true. 

LA giving more up to get Kawhi doesn't help LeBron. I'm sure he'd prefer they kept as many assets as possible. 

He's still going to the Lakers. 

I get the argument that LeBron doesn't want the Lakers to give up too many assets, but he also doesn't want them to lose out on Kawhi. Windhorst said a part of the Spurs still want to think of bringing Kawhi back and try to work it out. Pop will see Kawhi in three weeks in Vegas for US training camp and may think he could still mend the relationship. 

19 minutes ago, utley4568 said:

LA giving more up to get Kawhi doesn't help LeBron. I'm sure he'd prefer they kept as many assets as possible. 

LA getting Kawhi helps Lebron, and as of right now they have no intention of giving up what SA wants to get him. 

Archived