LeBron James to the Lakers 4 Years/$154M

brownie man

27 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

KCP and Ingram are questionable shooters. KCP is a career 34.5% 3PT shooter, which is below average. Ingram only made .7 threes per game last year, which is a super low volume. And I doubt Hart is getting a lot of burn next year.

It’s gonna be real interesting to see how LeBron plays without shooters around him. Probably not since his early Cleveland days. LeBron is gonna have to go against some legit rim protectors in the West: Gobert, Draymond, Capela, AD etc.

2 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

AD buying a house 90 mins away from staple center hmmm 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/clutchpoints.com/pelicans-news-anthony-davis-buys-home-near-los-angeles/amp/

this is going to happen at some point this season. The warriors want him. The lakers know it. They’ll offer more young core players 

I hope that 90 minute trip is including traffic. 

oh great, Queen james signs with my favorite team.  i hate this move because all the team is going to do is eventually get rid of all the young players, become cash strapped and by the time lebron retires he's going to leave the lakers how he left the cavs.  just stay with the young bucks and use the money on other players.

btw is lebron broken hand healed yet???

edit:  look at this... mccgee, rondo and stephenson.  Man wtf is this nonsense?  A bunch of vets who suck because leBron is on the lakers. lmao this is already starting.

9 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Still not sure why you need both Lonzo and Rondo, but at least this probably means he will hit the block more. Bout damn time….. 

I mean, asking him to run the entire offense is a bit taxing.  I don't expect him to have to have the ball the entire time.  He's got enough ball handlers in Los Angeles with Rajon Rondo, Lonzo Ball, and Brandon Ingram.

14 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Still not sure why you need both Lonzo and Rondo, but at least this probably means he will hit the block more. Bout damn time….. 

Lebron isn’t changing his game. And lebron off ball game is him standing 3 feet off the 3 point line ready to reset the play. He’s not going into the post regularly. 

I was all for LeBron leaving my Cavs to go try and win a ring. But he went to the Lakers? They are a horrendous fit for him basketball-wise. He needs to play around shooters to be effective and they have none. He's always opted for veterans over young players and they have very few of those. I don't really understand the move for him unless it was all about being in LA. This might sound like homer talk, but taking emotion out of it, staying in Cleveland would have been a better move. Or going to like 22 other franchises instead of the Lakers.

Not mad at LeBron at all, but this was a weird choice for him. They're going to be a #4-#5 seed and face 1st round elimination unless they start to swap out these young players for established veterans/superstars.

Oh, and I'd bet my house that Lonzo Ball is traded as soon as he's able to be dealt.

6 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

I was all for LeBron leaving my Cavs to go try and win a ring. But he went to the Lakers? They are a horrendous fit for him basketball-wise. He needs to play around shooters to be effective and they have none. He's always opted for veterans over young players and they have very few of those. I don't really understand the move for him unless it was all about being in LA. This might sound like homer talk, but taking emotion out of it, staying in Cleveland would have been a better move. Or going to like 22 other franchises instead of the Lakers.

Not mad at LeBron at all, but this was a weird choice for him. They're going to be a #4-#5 seed and face 1st round elimination unless they start to swap out these young players for established veterans/superstars.

Oh, and I'd bet my house that Lonzo Ball is traded as soon as he's able to be dealt.

I think the roster LA has made for this year was more less about finding guys willing to take one year deals than guys who fit LeBron's game. I do think there is some interest in trying to evolve him off the ball a bit more, something that will take him being open minded to doing it as much as the organization trying to make it happen. 

It is starting to feel like LeBron knew this was his new team a while ago. Probably as soon as we traded Kyrie away. I just read that he purchased his 25 million dollar Brentwood home in November and the designer/agent had agreed to a non-disclosure clause because they didn't want anyone finding out who bought it. It's one thing to own a home in a city like Los Angeles for the offseason, a completely different thing to have a 25 million dollar mansion there. I don't care how rich you are. It doesn't harbor any ill feelings towards him, I understand the move in a sense. I wish we hadn't traded Kyrie, but I don't know what happens if we didn't make a deal to move him. Would he be happy now that the Cavs would be his team? Would Bron have left had we kept Kyrie? I do know that as upset as some fans are that we did the deadline deals, I'm glad we did now. I wish we would have kept our first round pick, and think Koby being a first year GM got taken with that, when we were doing the Lakers a favor taking Clarkson's contract back. 

Archived