LeBron James to the Lakers 4 Years/$154M

brownie man

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

Might depend on when Paul George makes his decision.  I wouldn't be surprised if it drags out a bit.

Well, it looks likely that PG returns to OKC. So I don't think LeBron makes a decision off of what PG does. If he has his eyes set on LA, then he's going there regardless if PG comes or not. Bigger question is if they end up getting the trade with Kawhi done before the season or have to wait until 2019 when he becomes a free agent. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Well, it looks likely that PG returns to OKC. So I don't think LeBron makes a decision off of what PG does. If he has his eyes set on LA, then he's going there regardless if PG comes or not. Bigger question is if they end up getting the trade with Kawhi done before the season or have to wait until 2019 when he becomes a free agent. 

Honestly, I could see it going either way with Paul George.  You're going to see what you want in those documentaries, but nothing concrete one way or the other.  He talks about how he's always wanted to play in Los Angeles, but he also says he can see himself winning championship in OKC with Russell Westbrook.  The question I have, if you're Paul George do you think you're more likely to win a ring in OKC with Russell Westbrook or in Los Angeles with LeBron?  He also mentioned the importance of the FO putting together a winner.  I'd like to think the Lakers have an edge in that area given the fact that the Thunder traded away James Harden and Serge Ibaka and saw Kevin Durant leave.

I thought winning was important to Paul George, at least I thought that's what he said?  If so, what does Oklahoma City offer him?  Why stay there over going to the Lakers or the Sixers?  It's not like if he would be the best player in any of those situations, so he's taking a back seat no matter what.

51 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Honestly, I could see it going either way with Paul George.  You're going to see what you want in those documentaries, but nothing concrete one way or the other.  He talks about how he's always wanted to play in Los Angeles, but he also says he can see himself winning championship in OKC with Russell Westbrook.  The question I have, if you're Paul George do you think you're more likely to win a ring in OKC with Russell Westbrook or in Los Angeles with LeBron?  He also mentioned the importance of the FO putting together a winner.  I'd like to think the Lakers have an edge in that area given the fact that the Thunder traded away James Harden and Serge Ibaka and saw Kevin Durant leave.

Meh. Think he just wants to run it back with OKC for at least one more year. Maybe even two more seasons and then enter free agency with 10 years under his belt so he could make more money. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Meh. Think he just wants to run it back one more year with OKC for at least one more year. Maybe even two more seasons and then enter free agency with 10 years under his belt so he could make more money. 

Very well could be a possibility.  I do think he's legitimately torn between where he wants to go, although I think he's got his mind made up.

6 minutes ago, showtime said:

I was watching SportsCenter and they said the Cavs are already over the salary cap without LeBron's massive contract.  Good grief.  That roster is filled with such terrible contracts.  Woof.

I think that's part of the reason why LeBron is ready to move on.  There's nowhere to go but down with that roster.  Best case scenario, they can flip George Hill and Collin Sexton for a win-now piece.  Most of their contracts are through the books for the '19/'20 season.

My final stance on the Lakers is that they should not trade Ingram, Kuzma and Ball (as is being reported by some) to the Spurs for Kawhi Leonard.  I really like all three of those guys.  Randle and Hart are also really nice young pieces.  The Lakers have actually managed to rebuild this squad with a lot of young talent.  I would stay true here and worst case is you have another absolutely loaded class next year to go after.  LeBron with all those guys would be excellent, IMO.  If they could get George and LeBron, they would instantly become the second best team in the league.  

3 minutes ago, showtime said:

My final stance on the Lakers is that they should not trade Ingram, Kuzma and Ball (as is being reported by some) to the Spurs for Kawhi Leonard.  I really like all three of those guys.  Randle and Hart are also really nice young pieces.  The Lakers have actually managed to rebuild this squad with a lot of young talent.  I would stay true here and worst case is you have another absolutely loaded class next year to go after.  LeBron with all those guys would be excellent, IMO.  If they could get George and LeBron, they would instantly become the second best team in the league.  

I think there's like a 1% chance of the Lakers dealing Ingram, Kuzma, AND Ball in a deal for Kawhi.  I'd say it's closer to 0%.  That beats every team by a country mile.  Boston isn't giving up Tatum/Brown, and the Sixers are probably reluctant to include Fultz.  I think it was Zach Lowe who said that the line in the sand was Brandon Ingram, Kyle Kuzma, and a pair of FRPs.  The Spurs want more, the Lakers want to give up less.  I think if the Lakers are giving up Kuzma AND Ingram, they want to send out Luol Deng as part of the trade.  That's probably a non-starter for the Spurs at this point.  I think "worst case" scenario would be LeBron signing, and then they're punting cap space to next offseason.  Go with those Denver talks, and rent their cap space out for future assets.  Go into the 2019 offseason with LeBron, our young core, and the ability to sign Kawhi Leonard to a max contract.  Would I prefer a trio of LeBron, Kawhi, and PG13 but I don't think the Lakers are going to mortgage the future.

8 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I think there's like a 1% chance of the Lakers dealing Ingram, Kuzma, AND Ball in a deal for Kawhi.  I'd say it's closer to 0%.  That beats every team by a country mile.  Boston isn't giving up Tatum/Brown, and the Sixers are probably reluctant to include Fultz.  I think it was Zach Lowe who said that the line in the sand was Brandon Ingram, Kyle Kuzma, and a pair of FRPs.  The Spurs want more, the Lakers want to give up less.  I think if the Lakers are giving up Kuzma AND Ingram, they want to send out Luol Deng as part of the trade.  That's probably a non-starter for the Spurs at this point.  I think "worst case" scenario would be LeBron signing, and then they're punting cap space to next offseason.  Go with those Denver talks, and rent their cap space out for future assets.  Go into the 2019 offseason with LeBron, our young core, and the ability to sign Kawhi Leonard to a max contract.  Would I prefer a trio of LeBron, Kawhi, and PG13 but I don't think the Lakers are going to mortgage the future.

The Lakers have done such a great job building through the draft.  Their 2017 draft was absolutely monstrous - Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma and Josh Hart.  That's an amazing draft.  The Lakers have a bright future regardless if they sign anyone this summer.

Archived