LeBron James to the Lakers 4 Years/$154M

brownie man

1 minute ago, showtime said:

The Lakers have done such a great job building through the draft.  Their 2017 draft was absolutely monstrous - Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma and Josh Hart.  That's an amazing draft.  The Lakers have a bright future regardless if they sign anyone this summer.

No doubt.  It'll be interesting to see how this offseason goes.  If they hit the HR, and manage to sign Paul George and LeBron James and flip Kawhi without giving up both Lonzo AND Ingram, that'd be HUGE.  I mean going into the season with a core Lonzo Ball/Brandon Ingram, LeBron James, Paul George, and Kawhi Leonard.  That's a TON of length to throw at the Warriors, and can switch a TON.

54 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

No doubt.  It'll be interesting to see how this offseason goes.  If they hit the HR, and manage to sign Paul George and LeBron James and flip Kawhi without giving up both Lonzo AND Ingram, that'd be HUGE.  I mean going into the season with a core Lonzo Ball/Brandon Ingram, LeBron James, Paul George, and Kawhi Leonard.  That's a TON of length to throw at the Warriors, and can switch a TON.

It would feel weird rooting for the Lakers in that scenario. I've always hated them, but I'd have to root for them if they had LeBron and were up against Golden State.

5 minutes ago, DawgX said:

It would feel weird rooting for the Lakers in that scenario. I've always hated them, but I'd have to root for them if they had LeBron and were up against Golden State.

I'm sure there will be a LOT of conflicted fans.  Fortunately, I think most of the fans of the 29 others teams in the NBA aside from the Warriors are ready to see the Warriors go down.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

I'm sure there will be a LOT of conflicted fans.  Fortunately, I think most of the fans of the 29 others teams in the NBA aside from the Warriors are ready to see the Warriors go down.

I think there are enough Anti-Lebron guys out there to actually make it more 50-50 in a series, especially if he joins another super team. 

4 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I think there are enough Anti-Lebron guys out there to actually make it more 50-50 in a series, especially if he joins another super team. 

Maybe.  I think most non-Warriors fans feel that Durant leaving the Thunder to join the Warriors "broke" the NBA.  I think they'd be happy to see the Warriors be knocked around a bit.

I mean it was described yesterday as the Lakers having a "hail mary" chance at signing PG. This is par for the course of what all the reporters have been saying the past week. 

The Thunder will be paying over 90 million in luxury tax after PG signs…… For a team that may or may not get out of the first round. Almost 130 million if they also re-sign Grant. Damn! 

Archived