LeBron James to the Lakers 4 Years/$154M

brownie man

Just now, bkobow05 said:

Disagree. Ball is right eye dominant so it at least explains why he curls towards his right side rather than pulling straight. Delly shoots like Philip Seymour Hoffman in Along Came Polly.

Both are completely horrendous, but I just spit out water reading that last line

13 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

Willing to bet anything Lonzo doesn't shoot that bad again. He'll be around 35-36% this year. Not great but good enough for what he can do.

he shot 45% from the ft line. I don't have hope he becomes a good shooter.

3 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

Ball shot 36% from 3 in high school and 41% in college. There's no reason to believe he can't shoot 34/35% from 3 as a pro.

how many players have become decent 3PT shooters while also having a season in their career where they shot less than 50% from the ft line?

Just now, 11sanchez11 said:

how many players have become decent 3PT shooters while also having a season in their career where they shot less than 50% from the ft line?

He took ~1 FT a game. That's the epitome of SSS.

Just now, bkobow05 said:

Jason Kidd shot 27% on 3+ FGA a game from 3 as a rookie. He ended up a career 35% 3pt shooter. There's no reason to think Lonzo can't hit 34/35% from 3.

I mean, there is a reason.  He just showed it.  You can't simply assume improvement.

1 minute ago, 11sanchez11 said:

and his 80 3PTs made in college is a large enough sample size to say he will be a good NBA 3PT shooter?

He took 5 a game. 

And I'm not saying he'll be a GOOD shooter. I already said 34/35%. 

And 80 FGM isn't the same as 71 ATTEMPTS

Just now, bkobow05 said:

There's a **** ton of examples of rookie point guards struggling from 3. A ton.

And a ton that didn't improve as well.  Ball is not incapable of improving, but people who doubt him doing that have very good reason to do so.

Archived