2018 NBA Summer League

11sanchez11

On 7/13/2018 at 12:03 AM, resilient part 2 said:

What the Hell is going on with all these rookies NOT playing in SL. Bunch of pansies. 

You act like it's the players decision to play or not in these games.   The coach's make those calls and once they have seen enough they pull them so not to cause any injury so they can play in games that actually matter.   If your coach told you to get your butt off the court you would be a pansie to or unemployed xD

On 7/12/2018 at 6:10 PM, J-ALL-DAY said:

He's such a threat in the pick and roll because of his range, similar to Lillard/Curry. Obviously not that level, but he forces defenders to get up on him which should lead to some lay ups for both him and the screener. He needs to continue working on his handle though as he's not a great athlete. That is what helps Curry the most along with his range obviously.

Yup  i agree although his athleticism isn't as bad as i thought it was he has made some really solid move and has a much better 1st step than i thought coming in.  Handles are solid but nothing elite luckily thats something that can be worked on easily over the years.    The one thing he mandatory needs to work on to me is his shot selection though thats gotta get better at this level if he wants to be a top tier player.

On 7/12/2018 at 10:13 PM, CaliforniaKid7 said:

Svi pushing for legit minutes in the rotation, had a great SL so far. 

Yeah he’s playing really well. He can shoot, take it to the rim off the dribble, handle it, shake and bake you..he’s in the rotation for sure.

Just started watching this game in the 4th quarter, but Hart/Sexton hooping. Sexton can't shoot which kills his percentages, but he's a dog. 

Hart is nice. Should be the starting SG, or at least take KCP's spot at some point next year. 

Great game, Sexton will only improve.  I wonder how the game might've gone if Cedi and Zizic weren't benched early on since they had nothing else to show, but it probably wouldn't have given Sexton the opportunity/necessity to step up like he's had to.

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

First they take Lebron now they take summer league from us. Chill lakers. 

Cavs shutdown their two best looking players in SL in Cedi and Zizic early on so that Sexton would be leaned on more and could grow more while the Lakers kept their SL team intact.

This seems like an unpopular opinion, but I still dont see it with Sexton. His stroke is fine and his consistency on his jump shot should improve, but that is all I see from him. He tends to freelance on D in SL costing his team. His "drives" are just bum rushing the hoop and hoping he can finish. A competent NBA defender would easily shut down a typical drive by him. Too many of his finishes are prayer floaters after someone cuts him off from the basket. 

20 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

This seems like an unpopular opinion, but I still dont see it with Sexton. His stroke is fine and his consistency on his jump shot should improve, but that is all I see from him. He tends to freelance on D in SL costing his team. His "drives" are just bum rushing the hoop and hoping he can finish. A competent NBA defender would easily shut down a typical drive by him. Too many of his finishes are prayer floaters after someone cuts him off from the basket. 

People realize that it will likely be ugly at times the next 2 years, but it's more about his future.  He has all the tools to be successful and the work ethic to get there.  He showed a lot of flashes on both sides of the court, including doing more than just driving adding in some hesitations etc though he'll never be Kyrie, he has some good aspects to his game.  Also the freelancing on D will also improve as he starts playing more in a system and understanding the concepts behind them.  He got away with it in college, but he will learn in the NBA he needs to work within the system.

I'm pretty sure I remember the announcers saying that whenever he drove to the right then it was a full on drive but if he went to the left then it was likely going to be a pull-up shot and that the tendencies would be exploited in the NBA.  By the end of SL though he started mixing it up with more full drives to the left and pull-ups to the right.  He also had a great move near the end of the Lakers game where he start left and Hart started to get higher and ready to contest a jumper only for him to quickly change to the right leaving Hart having a somewhat confused look on his face as Sexton was past him in a flash.  His growth is already starting and it should only improve, though boy can it be ugly at times, no denying that.

10 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

sexton getting excessively deep in his defensive stance and posturing like he finna throw down w/ a dwarf to end regulation gives him +10 love points from me personally. already one of the best in the league

https://media.giphy.com/media/SlyzAC8WtyQrC/giphy.gif

I didn't know you changed your name but I knew this was you finny just by reading the post lol

3 hours ago, JBURGE said:

I didn't know you changed your name but I knew this was you finny just by reading the post lol

I was waiting for a post where he realizes he’s contradicting himself mid paragraph but just mentions that he is doing so and continues to make his point without erasing anything and at least 4 cuss words censored out in the text. 

I think he changed his name just **** with us all which is a **** move but actually as I’m typing this I realize he’s a great guy and  this a better user name. 

Still gonna need to get used to this haha. 

Archived