Official 2017 Training Camp thread - Week 1

titans0021

1 hour ago, Farsendor1 said:

I really think we are going to see a holdout from Davis at least a training camp holdout and that will not go down well with the type of team they have built and continue to build. 

It just seems so silly. He's the last pick that's not signed. They've got this weekend to get something done or else it's going to start to get a bit frustrating.

5 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

It just seems so silly. He's the last pick that's not signed. They've got this weekend to get something done or else it's going to start to get a bit frustrating.

Davis has the same agent as Bosa. and the reason for that holdout was over offset language. That same issue could be happening with Davis. 

1 minute ago, Farsendor1 said:

Davis has the same agent as Bosa. and the reason for that holdout was over offset language. That same issue could be happening with Davis. 

I'm sure it is. It's why we had a holdup with Mariota before coming to a compromise and given Bosa's issues last year, I'm sure it's the sticking point with Davis. Hopefully they just come to a similar agreement to the Mariota deal and just settle on partial offsets.

Just now, titans0021 said:

I'm sure it is. It's why we had a holdup with Mariota before coming to a compromise and given Bosa's issues last year, I'm sure it's the sticking point with Davis. Hopefully they just come to a similar agreement to the Mariota deal and just settle on partial offsets.

Will the agent be all right with that deal though? Bosa got a huge signing deal bonus and they still kept offset language in the contract. 

Archived