Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
titans0021

Official 2017 Training Camp thread - Week 1

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Farsendor1 said:

Will the agent be all right with that deal though? Bosa got a huge signing deal bonus and they still kept offset language in the contract. 

I would hope so. Bosa plays a more premium position and was also the third pick vs. the fifth pick. With Decker signed and Taylor apparently looking good in mini-camp, he has a chance to do some real damage to his client if he wants to push this for too long. Unlike Bosa, who was guaranteed to immediately step into a big role as soon as he signed, there's a real chance Davis could be losing significant reps with every day of camp he misses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought one of the good points of drafting Davis was he wasn't some diva that would cause BS like this.

I'm so sick of entitled football players, agents and general managers that are fighting over what basically amounts to pennies to them. Given Robinson hasn't had the first issue with signing any other pick in his tenure here(and is giving out generous extensions to guys too), I'm definitely leaning on the side that this is Davis' and his agent's fault.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sigh. He better sign soon. This is exactly the kind of media coverage I don't want for this team...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

I thought one of the good points of drafting Davis was he wasn't some diva that would cause BS like this.

I'm so sick of entitled football players, agents and general managers that are fighting over what basically amounts to pennies to them. Given Robinson hasn't had the first issue with signing any other pick in his tenure here(and is giving out generous extensions to guys too), I'm definitely leaning on the side that this is Davis' and his agent's fault.

He's just in a tough draft position too. Right in the grey area in terms of how early he was picked. I'm sure the agent is pushing hard, but at some point both sides need to just find middle ground. Though to be fair to Davis and his agent, it's not as though Robinson has a long history of signing first-round picks (particularly top five picks). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's unfair to call Davis a diva because of this. This is usually an agents dealing. It'd be like calling Mariota a diva when he was dealing with his rookie contract situation.

 

At the end of the day, I think he'll be signed fairly soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

I think it's unfair to call Davis a diva because of this. This is usually an agents dealing. It'd be like calling Mariota a diva when he was dealing with his rookie contract situation.

 

At the end of the day, I think he'll be signed fairly soon.

I agree. He's a young guy that's about to be a millionaire, he has to put faith in his agent. Though he probably could put a little pressure to get a deal done as camp hits. Every rep with Marcus is incredibly valuable for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I agree. He's a young guy that's about to be a millionaire, he has to put faith in his agent. Though he probably could put a little pressure to get a deal done as camp hits. Every rep with Marcus is incredibly valuable for him.

Solomon Thomas(who is repped by the same agent) missed the early stages of camp, got called out a bit by John Lynch, and pressured his agent to make a deal. I expect the same thing to happen with Davis. Like I said before, I think this gets done within the next 48 hrs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still nothing on Corey Davis sounds like he'll miss today then which is a shame. I know he and the agent have to do what's best but as a WR it's important to be there from day one. I'm confident he'll be ok but it's just sucks to start falling behind and not being able to build that chemistry 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Still nothing on Corey Davis sounds like he'll miss today then which is a shame. I know he and the agent have to do what's best but as a WR it's important to be there from day one. I'm confident he'll be ok but it's just sucks to start falling behind and not being able to build that chemistry 

As I typed this I seen a tweet that said Corey Davis is close to signing so we'll see if he hits the field by 3pm EST

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

 

Offset language is a dumb war to fight if that's the issue for Titans' front office.

In this debate, the front office is worried about losing additional money if the player gets cut. Which they shouldn't even consider as a possibility.

And if they do cut the player they drafted fifth overall, that would mean he's a disaster....

It's all about protection for both sides(agent/front office).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope we find something out soon. I'm watching NFL Network and they have been talking a lot about Titans and already mentioning Davis a lot. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×