Official 2017 Training Camp thread - Week 1

titans0021

Just now, Farsendor1 said:

So we can't provide any information he hides behind the pay wall? Like if he has a funny story about a player we aren't allowed to share the information?

We can mention it. Just don't directly quote it. Like, right now, I could go to a story on the Tennessean's website (though that's not incredibly likely tbh), post it and quote a few paragraphs along with the post. You can link to one of PK's stories and mention what it's about, but don't provide the quote. If he's opting to charge for content, we can't steal it and share it with the masses. We can discuss it, but we can't take copywritten content and post it on the forum. It's similar to how we treat ESPN Insider stories. We can talk about them, but we can't just post a block of its text to help others get around the paywall.

Now, if like with ESPN Insider, he opts to provide the first three paragraphs for free and you need to be a member to read the rest of the story, you are free to quote those first few paragraphs that are visible to the public.

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

We can mention it. Just don't directly quote it. Like, right now, I could go to a story on the Tennessean's website (though that's not incredibly likely tbh), post it and quote a few paragraphs along with the post. You can link to one of PK's stories and mention what it's about, but don't provide the quote. If he's opting to charge for content, we can't steal it and share it with the masses. We can discuss it, but we can't take copywritten content and post it on the forum. It's similar to how we treat ESPN Insider stories. We can talk about them, but we can't just post a block of its text to help others get around the paywall.

Now, if like with ESPN Insider, he opts to provide the first three paragraphs for free and you need to be a member to read the rest of the story, you are free to quote those first few paragraphs that are visible to the public.

Makes sense and a good explanation. I'm subscribing to PK not worried about price guy knows the Titans almost better than any other reporter. 

9 minutes ago, Farsendor1 said:

Makes sense and a good explanation. I'm subscribing to PK not worried about price guy knows the Titans almost better than any other reporter. 

Yeah, this is why I thought it was important to note it. Because I can all but guarantee that PK will consistently provide the best Titans content for the foreseeable future, so it will be real tempting to quote his work so we can talk about it here. And it's such a rare case where an NFL team only has one truly competent beat writer and their stuff will behind a paywall, so knowing what we can and can't do on FF with it is fairly important.

9 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

1st day of pads tomorrow!!! :D

Wow, these emoticons suck lol. 

It's my only real struggle with the new forum. I love virtually every other feature, but I've legit been pasting in the old lol emoticon. Laughing

15 minutes ago, Farsendor1 said:

I don't mind that is his personality. I don't interact with chat when listening live. 

If I observed that after only one sesh with him, it would become grating over the long exposure. I'll stick with his tweets:D

Archived