Official 2017 Training Camp thread - Week 1

titans0021

21 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

What happened to doing a day by day thread for TC? Might be easier to keep up with. 

Hope our defense can pick it up. Seems like they get it handed to them every time our first team O is out there. 

I'm now leaning towards a weekly one. Three days into camp and we have five pages. Figure a weekly one prevents it from getting too crowded without just having a bunch of camp threads with 8-10 posts. Though if you guys would rather start one every day, feel free. I also don't typically wake up until noon, so by the time I get up and create one, practice will have typically have been done for an hour and a half. Laughing

18 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I'm now leaning towards a weekly one. Three days into camp and we have five pages. Figure a weekly one prevents it from getting too crowded without just having a bunch of camp threads with 8-10 posts. Though if you guys would rather start one every day, feel free. I also don't typically wake up until noon, so by the time I get up and create one, practice will have typically have been done for an hour and a half. Laughing

Weekly is fine. Summer vacation ends today so I'm just looking for something to complain about. 

17 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I feel like it's a bad sign that we've had 420 posts in the new version of Titania and are three full days into camp and I've just found out that the new Titans beat reporter for ESPN started a week ago.

I didn't think it was that big of a deal. He gave some good impressions of Training Camp but in my opinion others had better coverage. 

5 minutes ago, Farsendor1 said:

I didn't think it was that big of a deal. He gave some good impressions of Training Camp but in my opinion others had better coverage. 

I know, it's not really an indictment of the guy, I just figured I would have noticed something he wrote or tweeted out posted somewhere at this point. It's almost impressive that he's stayed that far under-the-radar a week in. Read a couple of the things he wrote the last two days, definitely nothing groundbreaking. Though we've all seen how hard it's been for Wolf to cultivate sources and put together anything interesting, so I'll give him plenty of time.

seems like mariota's accuracy has been somewhat inconsistent, which is probably to be expected after a leg injury like the one he had. he's gonna need some time to get confident planting on his right foot. hopefully he can get things straightened out by the time the regular season rolls around.

16 hours ago, titans0021 said:

I know, it's not really an indictment of the guy, I just figured I would have noticed something he wrote or tweeted out posted somewhere at this point. It's almost impressive that he's stayed that far under-the-radar a week in. Read a couple of the things he wrote the last two days, definitely nothing groundbreaking. Though we've all seen how hard it's been for Wolf to cultivate sources and put together anything interesting, so I'll give him plenty of time.

It's not like Kuharsky was all that inventive at ESPN either. Maybe that was due to how ESPN wanted him to write, I dunno. But you can tell he's much more into the speculative or more human interest posts (next 3 to sign to extensions, Taylor Lewan story, etc) than he has been previously. Probably to drive shares/interest, but hope he can pull it off. I wonder if eventually he could join up with The Athletic if they ever do a Nashville (or probably Tennessee) sub-site. Including Memphis would give 3 pro teams, but probably not enough for more than 1 guy to cover. People from Memphis hate Kuharsky - especially lately - but not sure they'd follow a Nashville-centric sports site even with Grizzlies coverage.

Archived