Better Call Saul, Season 4

vike daddy

I forget who I talked to about this, think it might have been @thrILL!. BB was strongest at the beginning while Saul has progressively gotten better every season. Last season of Saul was unbelievable and as they start to crossover more and more into the BB world, I believe it will continue to progress beyond Breaking Bad. Breaking Bad is still in my top 3 series of all time.

3 hours ago, packerrfan74 said:

I forget who I talked to about this, think it might have been @thrILL!. BB was strongest at the beginning while Saul has progressively gotten better every season. Last season of Saul was unbelievable and as they start to crossover more and more into the BB world, I believe it will continue to progress beyond Breaking Bad. Breaking Bad is still in my top 3 series of all time.

i disagree. BB was at its finest in S3 and S4, with S4 being perhaps the best season in tv history

10 hours ago, packerrfan74 said:

Yup!  BCS started off slow and has since sky rocketed.  BB started off sky high and plummeted toward the end.  

6 hours ago, MathMan said:

BB S4 being perhaps the best season in tv history

Gotta disagree here.. S1 and 2 were its best.  Not sure s4 is even top 3 in BB.  

And best TV season ever??   Not even in the same stratosphere as

s1 True Detective

s4 The Wire

s2 Atlanta 

not to mention Mad Men or Sopranos or Larry Sanders or Arrested Development...

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

Solid first episode.  It got evryone involved right away.  Did anyone else think the opening scene, very similar to the series premier in season 1 at the Cinnabon, means this coukld be the last seaosn of this?  Hope not

I don't think it goes past a 5th season and this could very well be the last season, feel like they would've said that by now though. 

This is the first time I’ve seen people consider BB to be stronger in the beginning than the end. Season 1 was good but it definitely wasn’t the strongest.  Marie was insufferable, Skyler at that point was boring, and a lot of the memorable supporting characters (Gus, Hank, Saul, etc) either were either in their infancy of development or hadn’t even been introduced yet.  Even Walt and Jesse were far from their peak.  

IMO Season 5 of BB is one of the best seasons of any TV show.  Ozymandias is one of the 5 best TV episodes I have ever seen.

BCS is great though and if we are comparing it to BB... Saul has more depth/wider range of great characters.  Both shows were looking to accomplish different things though so it’s hard to compare.  BB had to be Walter-centric; even when focus was put on Jesse, it would still usually involve Walt.  BCS can focus on so many different people, ensuring it stays fresh.  I love any scene with Gus, Mike, Kim, Nacho (maybe my favorite) hell even Howard.

Also I’ve done a 180 on Howard.  I hated him at the start of the show, but now I feel kinda bad for him.  

9 hours ago, pollino14 said:

I get that there’s a slow burn but I hate episodes where nothing important happens. Not a fan of the season thus far .

Nacho getting shot, Gus killing Arturo, Kim going off on Howard, Jimmy reading 'Chuck's letter',  Jimmy stealing the Hummel, Gale showing up.

I hate when people complain about nothing important happens just because when many important things have happened.

Archived