49ers Reuben Foster suspended 2 games

49erurtaza

Just now, cddolphin said:

You're right, probably; but it was likely because he was rich and could afford a decent lawyer, not sure a public defender gets that deal but who am I, just sayin'

Meh, he just didn't just have it registered in California. That wasn't a charge where you benefit having a good lawyer. Any competent lawyer should be able to do that for you. 

21 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Meh, he just didn't just have it registered in California. That wasn't a charge where you benefit having a good lawyer. Any competent lawyer should be able to do that for you. 

RIght, so no public defenders ;)

jk jk

2 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

He got suspended for his second issue with pot

1 hour ago, OleXmad said:

Oh I thought this was for his DV/Gun thing. That makes sense. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

No, it was for also the weapon charge not just the pot arrest. 

The drug policy requires 4 strikes for drugs of abuse - to the best of our knowledge he only has 2.  

BUT a legal conviction (and going into a diversion program counts the same as a conviction - it’s specifically cited) puts players at risk for suspension even if it’s not yet at 4th strike.   That section got added in 2016.  

The gun charge probably weighed in too but the drug arrest and diversion program clearly meets criteria for suspension.   We will never know how much either weighed in for sure.  But pretty clear the sum of both led to the decision.   

Given that Bradham got 1 game for the airport gun arrest (with dropped charges) add in the weed arrest and diversion program this seems actually somewhat consistent...this time.   Still such an arbitrary process but the CBA is what it is. SMH NFLPA for agreeing to it but whatever. 

5 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

The DV was dismissed as his ex GF admmited in court she was lieing. The Gun charge he ended up getting community service.

She was lying? WTF he should have gotten suspended for half the season then.

On 7/4/2018 at 6:13 AM, cddolphin said:

You're right, probably; but it was likely because he was rich and could afford a decent lawyer, not sure a public defender gets that deal but who am I, just sayin'

The only reason he got charged in the first place was that he was a rich NFL player and the DA was trying to big note himself before an election. Now the DA just looks like a knob.

3 hours ago, Melbourne 9er said:

The only reason he got charged in the first place was that he was a rich NFL player and the DA was trying to big note himself before an election. Now the DA just looks like a knob.

Didn't his ex gf say he had illegal guns and that's why they searched his house and ya know....found illegal guns or guns that shouldn't be in the state? (I could be wrong on that if so correct me) 

He was charged because he broke the law. 

13 hours ago, OleXmad said:

Didn't his ex gf say he had illegal guns and that's why they searched his house and ya know....found illegal guns or guns that shouldn't be in the state? (I could be wrong on that if so correct me) 

He was charged because he broke the law. 

To my knowledge, they found the guns after being called for a domestic dispute (that didn’t happen, according to both of them). 

Archived