Packers RB Aaron Jones suspended 2 games

SteelKing728

41 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Could this be the end for him in GB?

No. This happened last year, they all knew about it since then...

35 minutes ago, OleXmad said:

There goes his shot at the main RB job

Not really. Was gonna be split anyways methinks.

Ok, to be serious for a second...  This being a short suspension likely doesn't have too much effect on the overall roster.  They may choose to keep Devante Mays or Joel Bouagnon as a third RB or maybe 2 FBs adding Joe Kerridge.  This would probably be at the expense of an extra WR, OL, or defensive back, all positions with young talent.  Personally, I would rather keep an extra OL or WR safely on the roster and hope that the combo of Jamaal Williams and Ty Montgomery can manage the first two weeks of the season.  Randall Cobb and Aaron Ripkowski can take a few RB reps if necessary.  Keeping more than 3 RBs on a team that should, and likely will, be very pass heavy is not great roster management.  

This will impact the packers a tiny tiny tiny bit, not too much, but we will miss his services. Williams, Ty, plus who ever they keep for the 4th string back will be fine the first 2 games. This is also still a pass first offense even though they would like to run it too.

They won't let him go for a 2 game suspension, they already knew about  what happened last year.

Stupid mistake, but this doesn't change much or my impression of the guy, I still like him. I just don't understand why they don't just legalize weed everywhere tbh if everyone and their mom does it these days. On the other hand, I don't know why these guys risk big paychecks for a joint. 

11 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Wasnt he the guy that got his picture taken pushing some old lady around in her wheelchair? Kind of a different sentiment now,no?

Why? He didnt beat his girlfriend up. He's stupid for using an illegal drug, but that doesn't make him less of a good person

9 hours ago, JBURGE25 said:

Why? He didnt beat his girlfriend up. He's stupid for using an illegal drug, but that doesn't make him less of a good person

It just sort of comes off as a PR thing that doesnt look so good now. Like when Bennett slept in the Packer locker room because he was so excited. You cant tell me you feel the same about that than before?

Archived