Packers RB Aaron Jones suspended 2 games

SteelKing728

6 hours ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Of course we play them Week 3 

Just like we play Ingram the week he gets back 9_9

He'll come back week 3, and with the game tied with 2:00 left on the clock, he fumbles it away due to rust and Washington picks it up and runs into the endzone for a TD, eventually winning the game.

Sound good to you?

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

He'll come back week 3, and with the game tied with 2:00 left on the clock, he fumbles it away due to rust and Washington picks it up and runs into the endzone for a TD, eventually winning the game.

Sound good to you?

You’re a gentleman and a scholar. 

On 7/3/2018 at 3:51 PM, SteelKing728 said:

How does this impact the Packers? Could this be the end for him in GB?

Hahaha what? Do you watch the Packers/ him play? He's not going anywhere.

Hopefully Monty and Williams are healthy the first two games so this has minimal impact.

1 hour ago, ArthurPensky said:

Hahaha what? Do you watch the Packers/ him play? He's not going anywhere.

Hopefully Monty and Williams are healthy the first two games so this has minimal impact.

I saw him. He was good in a limited role.

I ask because some teams are willing to drop an effective player after they get in trouble. 

Maybe not a great question since GB kept Geronimo Allison around and he's JAG as far as I'm concerned.

17 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:
On 7/4/2018 at 8:57 AM, JBURGE25 said:

Why? He didnt beat his girlfriend up. He's stupid for using an illegal drug, but that doesn't make him less of a good person

It just sort of comes off as a PR thing that doesnt look so good now. Like when Bennett slept in the Packer locker room because he was so excited. You cant tell me you feel the same about that than before?

I legit did not care about him sleeping in the locker room lol. I was stoked when we signed him of course.

If it's a PR stunt I wish every professional athlete would do it, because children idolize these players and hopefully they will learn something from it.

45 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I saw him. He was good in a limited role.

I ask because some teams are willing to drop an effective player after they get in trouble. 

Maybe not a great question since GB kept Geronimo Allison around and he's JAG as far as I'm concerned.

There is no backlash from this in GB. Everyone there is drunk or stoned.

This really won't effect the Packers too much because one of McCarthy's biggest faults is that he sacrifices talent and performance for technically sound play and game knowledge. 

Jones didn't have a single touch last year until Montgomery got hurt.  In the four games Montgomery/Williams were hurt, Jones rushed for 346 yards and 3 touchdowns.  5.6 yards per carry.  Montgomery and Williams got healthy, and Jones had 8 carries over the next four games (including zero touches in consecutive games).  After that, and in overtime against the Browns, Jones got one single play and took it 20 yards for the game winning overtime TD.  He was given only 10 touches for the remaining 4 games in the season.  Against the Panthers, when it was clear Rodgers didn't have his normal arm strength, Jones averaged 15.7 yards per carry.  He was only given the ball 4 times. 

There are PLENTY of more examples of this.  Jeff Janis had one of the highest rated games for some amount of years against the Cardinals when he and Abbrederis were the only receivers healthy.  He had only 13 receptions in his final two years as a Packer after that game.  Not saying Janis is a good player, but it's clear to me that the Packers have players who are capable of performing and performing very well, but they aren't given the opportunity because they don't have enough football IQ. 

I complain because I feel like players learn by playing, and if they're performing well, they should be given the opportunity to continue to perform and learn the stuff they don't know from actually playing. 

20 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

This really won't effect the Packers too much because one of McCarthy's biggest faults is that he sacrifices talent and performance for technically sound play and game knowledge. 

Jones didn't have a single touch last year until Montgomery got hurt.  In the four games Montgomery/Williams were hurt, Jones rushed for 346 yards and 3 touchdowns.  5.6 yards per carry.  Montgomery and Williams got healthy, and Jones had 8 carries over the next four games (including zero touches in consecutive games).  After that, and in overtime against the Browns, Jones got one single play and took it 20 yards for the game winning overtime TD.  He was given only 10 touches for the remaining 4 games in the season.  Against the Panthers, when it was clear Rodgers didn't have his normal arm strength, Jones averaged 15.7 yards per carry.  He was only given the ball 4 times. 

There are PLENTY of more examples of this.  Jeff Janis had one of the highest rated games for some amount of years against the Cardinals when he and Abbrederis were the only receivers healthy.  He had only 13 receptions in his final two years as a Packer after that game.  Not saying Janis is a good player, but it's clear to me that the Packers have players who are capable of performing and performing very well, but they aren't given the opportunity because they don't have enough football IQ. 

I complain because I feel like players learn by playing, and if they're performing well, they should be given the opportunity to continue to perform and learn the stuff they don't know from actually playing. 

You realize Jones had two MCL sprains in the back half of the year? I would say the Carolina game is the only one he was "healthy" for and that also coincides with the return of Rodgers. Jones didn't play much in that game because he's leagues behind Jamaal in pass pro and your QB coming off a broken collarbone we weren't about subject Rodgers to that risk.

Jones was miserable the first week of camp. There's a legit reason why he didn't play until injuries came. I saw him fumble a ball in a non contact drill and then completely wiff without making contact with the LB in a pass pro drill. Props to him for grinding away and becoming a legit starting caliber RB but this whole "our staff can't recognize talent because he was buried on the DC" talk is just dumb.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

You realize Jones had two MCL sprains in the back half of the year? I would say the Carolina game is the only one he was "healthy" for and that also coincides with the return of Rodgers. Jones didn't play much in that game because he's leagues behind Jamaal in pass pro and your QB coming off a broken collarbone we weren't about subject Rodgers to that risk.

We wouldn't have had to have him in pass protection if we just ran the ball with him.  Rodgers wasn't 100%.  That game should never have turned into us being a passing offense.  Blame Rodgers for it too. 

And yeah, I realize Jones had two MCL sprains.  He was healthy enough in the Browns game to take his one carry 20 yards for a game winning TD.  Why didn't he get any carries before then? 

You literally just admitted Jones didn't get opportunities because of his pass protection.  That's the whole point I'm making.  If a TE is an elite receiving talent and a poor blocker, do you take him out of the game?  Nope. 

3 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

We wouldn't have had to have him in pass protection if we just ran the ball with him.  Rodgers wasn't 100%.  That game should never have turned into us being a passing offense.  Blame Rodgers for it too. 

And yeah, I realize Jones had two MCL sprains.  He was healthy enough in the Browns game to take his one carry 20 yards for a game winning TD.  Why didn't he get any carries before then? 

You literally just admitted Jones didn't get opportunities because of his pass protection.  That's the whole point I'm making.  If a TE is an elite receiving talent and a poor blocker, do you take him out of the game?  Nope. 

He was playing hurt because we had no backs. Williams had a stretch there where he was playing well and was healthy so it's not like we needed to risk Jones.

You can show such a lopsided tendency as to only put a RB in there to run only. DCs will eat you alive. A TE like Finley you live with bad blocking, a RB is protecting the franchise from full speed hits, it's not a comparable situation. Why do you think Jones added weight? He sees it too.

Yeah, 10 plays a game, 5 carries on first and second down and a D.C. is gonna figure you out and eat you alive?  Unlikely.  It wasn't that Jones wasn't playing in every game and every snap, it was that he wasn't given hardly any plays/snaps while Montgomery/Williams were healthy.  

Was he kept out because he couldn't protect the franchise when Huntley was managing overtime against the winless Browns?  

2 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Yeah, 10 plays a game, 5 carries on first and second down and a D.C. is gonna figure you out and eat you alive?  Unlikely.  It wasn't that Jones wasn't playing in every game and every snap, it was that he wasn't given hardly any plays/snaps while Montgomery/Williams were healthy.  

Was he kept out because he couldn't protect the franchise when Huntley was managing overtime against the winless Browns?  

We ran the ball less than 20 times in that game, we were down 21-7 most of the 2nd half. Why would you knowingly put in the worse pass protector when all you're doing is passing? Hundley threw 46 passes, 46. 

You're reaching for something that isn't there. You're talking about a coach that still thrust James Starks into games during prime Lacy's run. Mac likes multiple backs, he likes Jones and will run him when he's healthy. However if he still can't pass block this year he won't be the lead dog.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

We ran the ball less than 20 times in that game, we were down 21-7 most of the 2nd half. Why would you knowingly put in the worse pass protector when all you're doing is passing? Hundley threw 46 passes, 46.

You're confusing the Browns game with the Buccaneers game.  That may have been my fault originally. 

Jones got 4 carries in the Browns game.  All on one single possession. 

It was the Buccaneers game in which he had a single carry for 20 yards.  Hundley threw only 22 passes in that game.  Williams had 21 attempts (and ran well), but Jones was healthy at the time and got only one carry. 

He got only 4 carries against the Browns the next week.  Jones got three total carries against the Panthers.  He had a run of 20 yards, then 23 yards, then 6 yards and then not a single additional carry all game.  He was healthy at the end of it, so why didn't he get anymore carries while averaging 15 yards per carry? 

2 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

You're confusing the Browns game with the Buccaneers game.  That may have been my fault originally. 

Jones got 4 carries in the Browns game.  All on one single possession. 

It was the Buccaneers game in which he had a single carry for 20 yards.  Hundley threw only 22 passes in that game.  Williams had 21 attempts (and ran well), but Jones was healthy at the time and got only one carry. 

He got only 4 carries against the Browns the next week.  Jones got three total carries against the Panthers.  He had a run of 20 yards, then 23 yards, then 6 yards and then not a single additional carry all game.  He was healthy at the end of it, so why didn't he get anymore carries while averaging 15 yards per carry? 

The Bucs game was Jones first game back, I doubt healthy is what he was, and Williams had like 150 total yards or something I'm that game, no reason to take him out. I already said why he didn't play in Carolina, we weren't going to expose Aaron to hits.

7 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

The Bucs game was Jones first game back, I doubt healthy is what he was, and Williams had like 150 total yards or something I'm that game, no reason to take him out. I already said why he didn't play in Carolina, we weren't going to expose Aaron to hits.

He did play in Carolina though, just didn't really get any carries.  They even had him in on the last offensive drive when they were essentially in pass only mode so not really buying that reasoning.

Archived