Ant Man and the Wasp movie SPOILER talk.

TecmoSuperJoe

Just saw it. It was ok. Liked the first one better.

There are two post credits scenes. Well, one is a mid credits scene, and is the more important one. The second one really isn't worth sticking around for, and I think is the worst one in their entire library of post credit scenes. 

Anyone else see it yet? What did you think?

3 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Just saw it. It was ok. Liked the first one better.

There are two post credits scenes. Well, one is a mid credits scene, and is the more important one. 

Anyone else see it yet? What did you think?

Spoilers. What were the scenes about?

33 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Spoilers. What were the scenes about?

Highlight to see.

Scene 1: Hank, Hope, and Janet (who is found in the film) are doing an experiment along with Scott to go back into the quantum realm. Scott goes in, and communicates with the group. As soon as the experiment is done, Scott tries to radio back to be restored to normal size. Except no one responds. We find out Hank, Hope, and Janet have turned to ash. 

Scene 2: Just an ant playing the drums. Stupid. 

I'll highlight for a few more days what I want to talk about even though this is now a SPOILER discussion about the film. There was something I forgot to mention about the mid credits scene I want to talk about. Highlight to read.

I'm guessing Scott is going to either have to confront the "time vortex" that Janet told him not to approach, or maybe there is a way for him to contact that Ant that was still programmed to play the drums. The time vortex looks like it could be a catalyst to reverse what happened in Infinity War. Also, maybe that is why Scott wasn't snapped away. Time and space work different there like Hank stated.

And then two other comments I found elsewhere have an interesting take about how this could kick off the plot for Avengers 4. Highlight to read.

"My guess then is that Avengers 4 will pick up with someone rescuing Scott from the Quantum Realm or Scott going through the vortex and winding up in the future.

Maybe Scott goes into the vortex, which kicks him out in a place 4-5 years from the events of Ant-Man and the Wasp; this is how we see Older Cassie (per the casting call) and introduces us to Older Tony (per the gray-haired Tony in the set photos). The two then go back in time using the Pym Particles and Quantum Realm, kicking off the events of A4.

This would go to explain why Tony is the only character who looks aged-up in the set photos. And it would explain why no one else went back in time yet. Until Scott re-emerged, they didn't know the technology existed."

"Maybe when Scott goes to the future and meets Stark, he initially says that they can't figure out how to go back with the Pym Particles and Quantum Realm, but Tony figures it out. This would explain why Doctor Strange saved Tony: he was the only one who could crack time travel with Ant-Man, if Tony was killed, they could never go back in time. That's why Strange says that it was the only way."

7 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Just bumping this for folks that may want to talk spoilers.

Link is also in the main thread.

Not sure this one will be popular enough for the dedicated spoiler thread, but we will see!

I hope we see more of Ghost going forward. She seemed kind of wasted in this movie even though she had an arc. Outside of not having a true antagonist I thought this was great. Paul Rudd is an awesome Ant-Man. The supporting characters, especially Randall Park, are hilarious. The mid-credits scene was badass.

Brings up some good points. Especially about Ghost since she's apparently been around all this time in the back pocket of Shield/Hydra. Before they collapsed that is.

Also, the more I think of it Janet's vague explanation for how she's been sustained in the quantum realm all this time was iffy. She didn't require sustenance, but aged and had access to makeup. Her finger touch cure for Ghost was kind of a cheap fix-it that came out of nowhere in the nick of time. At least it seemed only temporary if we go by the dialogue in the mid credits scene. 

1 hour ago, kingseanjohn said:

I went in knowing how it would end but it was still great to see them disappearing. 

From what I read online a lot of people were surprised at that cutscene. I fully expected that at the end as well. It was just a matter of who it was going to be. I thought we'd see his daughter poof away.

30 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

From what I read online a lot of people were surprised at that cutscene. I fully expected that at the end as well. It was just a matter of who it was going to be. I thought we'd see his daughter poof away.

I wish Janet had survived the snap. Seeing MP sass the hell out of the "young buck" super heroes wouldve been awesome. Her and Tony would have great interactions I think 

3 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

I wish Janet had survived the snap. Seeing MP sass the hell out of the "young buck" super heroes wouldve been awesome. Her and Tony would have great interactions I think 

There was a ton of content about her character that was unexplained. Hopefully she gets developed in another movie.

Archived