PapaShogun

Ant Man and the Wasp movie SPOILER talk.

I have an issue with Janet disappearing...especially after just coming back from the Quantum Realm and supposedly having 'evolved'. Would have thought she would be immune to the effects...

Isn't the quantum realm outside of time and space?

How did Janet age?

4 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

How did Janet age?

The make a point of saying time passes differently there, but they really dont go into details. 

On 7/11/2018 at 12:00 AM, Deadpulse said:

The make a point of saying time passes differently there, but they really dont go into details. 

Honestly, this is the main thing that bothered me a little bit with the movie. I know with this style of movie you don't want to get bogged down too much in the non-sense details of how comic book technology works, but I feel like sooooooo many critical things that happened, especially in the last act of the movie, were just kind of hand waved as, don't worry about it, it's quantum stuff. And Scott even makes a joke at one point, saying something like "Do you just put the word quantum before everything?" But he's not Deadpool, so it actually just seems like a good point rather than a wallbreaking kind of joke. And maybe I missed something, I dunno. But like, I don't get why Janet is vaguely "different," I don't get how she healed Ghost, I don't get why Ghost's thing would've killed her, etc. It's all just explained as quantum ________. 

I dunno. I feel like it just dived into bad comic book writing levels of fictional technology. A lot of time spent around it, a lot of big words about it, but in the end it just is what it is and you're expected to go along with it. Other than that I quite liked it. Actually probably laughed more than in the first one. And while I think Ghost was underused somewhat, she had a much better arc IMO than Yellowjacket in the first movie.

10 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

Honestly, this is the main thing that bothered me a little bit with the movie. I know with this style of movie you don't want to get bogged down too much in the non-sense details of how comic book technology works, but I feel like sooooooo many critical things that happened, especially in the last act of the movie, were just kind of hand waved as, don't worry about it, it's quantum stuff. And Scott even makes a joke at one point, saying something like "Do you just put the word quantum before everything?" But he's not Deadpool, so it actually just seems like a good point rather than a wallbreaking kind of joke. And maybe I missed something, I dunno. But like, I don't get why Janet is vaguely "different," I don't get how she healed Ghost, I don't get why Ghost's thing would've killed her, etc. It's all just explained as quantum ________. 

I dunno. I feel like it just dived into bad comic book writing levels of fictional technology. A lot of time spent around it, a lot of big words about it, but in the end it just is what it is and you're expected to go along with it. Other than that I quite liked it. Actually probably laughed more than in the first one. And while I think Ghost was underused somewhat, she had a much better arc IMO than Yellowjacket in the first movie.

I think they purposely left a lot of the details ambiguous for reveals down the line. Also, a lot of the quantum stuff is a mystery to Hank and the like as well, its uncharted ground. I am sure every character felt the same way you did about the quantum healing when it happened. 

The way I understood Ghost's condition is that her molecules where separating and combining so often that the link holding her body together was slowly breaking down so when that link finally snaps she would just phase away. The pain was because she is basically ripping her body apart and back together again.  

On 7/10/2018 at 5:17 PM, Calvert28 said:

How did Janet age?

When Ghost drained part of her quantum energy was my guess.  

This was soooooooooo much better than the first one.  Really fun and well paced.  Evangeline Lilly has been such a nice addition. I wasn’t sure she’d have success past Lost   Not exactly the best actress but she’s been great.

Honestly, my only beef with the movie was when Janet took over Scott.  I hate when stories use that without the presence of telepaths.  Charles Xavier?  Go for it.  Janet Van Dyne.  Nah. 

5 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Honestly, my only beef with the movie was when Janet took over Scott.  I hate when stories use that without the presence of telepaths.  Charles Xavier?  Go for it.  Janet Van Dyne.  Nah. 

They did try to science it away at least

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

They did try to science it away at least

If Scott has a story where one of the time vortex's takes him back to when Pym is trying out his shrink tech for the first time. I hope they do an ode to Doc. Makes no sense, but then again neither does him using a vortex and landing right where he needs to be out of the billions of years that this planet existed.