Ant Man and the Wasp movie SPOILER talk.

TecmoSuperJoe

I have an issue with Janet disappearing...especially after just coming back from the Quantum Realm and supposedly having 'evolved'. Would have thought she would be immune to the effects...

On 7/11/2018 at 12:00 AM, Deadpulse said:

The make a point of saying time passes differently there, but they really dont go into details. 

Honestly, this is the main thing that bothered me a little bit with the movie. I know with this style of movie you don't want to get bogged down too much in the non-sense details of how comic book technology works, but I feel like sooooooo many critical things that happened, especially in the last act of the movie, were just kind of hand waved as, don't worry about it, it's quantum stuff. And Scott even makes a joke at one point, saying something like "Do you just put the word quantum before everything?" But he's not Deadpool, so it actually just seems like a good point rather than a wallbreaking kind of joke. And maybe I missed something, I dunno. But like, I don't get why Janet is vaguely "different," I don't get how she healed Ghost, I don't get why Ghost's thing would've killed her, etc. It's all just explained as quantum ________. 

I dunno. I feel like it just dived into bad comic book writing levels of fictional technology. A lot of time spent around it, a lot of big words about it, but in the end it just is what it is and you're expected to go along with it. Other than that I quite liked it. Actually probably laughed more than in the first one. And while I think Ghost was underused somewhat, she had a much better arc IMO than Yellowjacket in the first movie.

10 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

Honestly, this is the main thing that bothered me a little bit with the movie. I know with this style of movie you don't want to get bogged down too much in the non-sense details of how comic book technology works, but I feel like sooooooo many critical things that happened, especially in the last act of the movie, were just kind of hand waved as, don't worry about it, it's quantum stuff. And Scott even makes a joke at one point, saying something like "Do you just put the word quantum before everything?" But he's not Deadpool, so it actually just seems like a good point rather than a wallbreaking kind of joke. And maybe I missed something, I dunno. But like, I don't get why Janet is vaguely "different," I don't get how she healed Ghost, I don't get why Ghost's thing would've killed her, etc. It's all just explained as quantum ________. 

I dunno. I feel like it just dived into bad comic book writing levels of fictional technology. A lot of time spent around it, a lot of big words about it, but in the end it just is what it is and you're expected to go along with it. Other than that I quite liked it. Actually probably laughed more than in the first one. And while I think Ghost was underused somewhat, she had a much better arc IMO than Yellowjacket in the first movie.

I think they purposely left a lot of the details ambiguous for reveals down the line. Also, a lot of the quantum stuff is a mystery to Hank and the like as well, its uncharted ground. I am sure every character felt the same way you did about the quantum healing when it happened. 

The way I understood Ghost's condition is that her molecules where separating and combining so often that the link holding her body together was slowly breaking down so when that link finally snaps she would just phase away. The pain was because she is basically ripping her body apart and back together again.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2018 at 5:17 PM, Calvert28 said:

Isn't the quantum realm outside of time and space?

How did Janet age?

When Ghost drained part of her quantum energy was my guess.  

This was soooooooooo much better than the first one.  Really fun and well paced.  Evangeline Lilly has been such a nice addition. I wasn’t sure she’d have success past Lost   Not exactly the best actress but she’s been great.

Honestly, my only beef with the movie was when Janet took over Scott.  I hate when stories use that without the presence of telepaths.  Charles Xavier?  Go for it.  Janet Van Dyne.  Nah. 

5 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Honestly, my only beef with the movie was when Janet took over Scott.  I hate when stories use that without the presence of telepaths.  Charles Xavier?  Go for it.  Janet Van Dyne.  Nah. 

They did try to science it away at least

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

They did try to science it away at least

If Scott has a story where one of the time vortex's takes him back to when Pym is trying out his shrink tech for the first time. I hope they do an ode to Doc. Makes no sense, but then again neither does him using a vortex and landing right where he needs to be out of the billions of years that this planet existed.

On 7/21/2018 at 8:51 PM, thrILL! said:

When Ghost drained part of her quantum energy was my guess.  

They had already shown her as aged before that sequence happened.

I was hoping they would keep her young looking too.  But no dice.

I thought the movie was good too.  Too much quantum mumbo-jumbo, but it didn't kill the movie.  I suspect Ghost and/or Lawrence Fishburn will save Ant-man at some point during IW2, and that the Quantom realm somehow plays into the Big Save.  I just hope that they don't bring everyone back because of the Quantom Temporal Positron Field.  I'm ok with that kind of stuff in Star Trek, but this universe hasn't been built on that kind of black box, deus ex machina type plot points.  Would be lame for the whole thing to lead up to that.

• 3 months later...

One thing I'm confused about is the post-credits scene.  Why would they be going into the Quantum realm in the middle of Thanos' attack to get stuff to heal Ghost?  Wouldn't they all be working on stopping Thanos? 

If the three of them disappeared, it meant they had to have been aware of Thanos, and yet they sent Scott in, and then they disappeared, which would suggest they did that during Thanos attacking and all that. 

52 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

One thing I'm confused about is the post-credits scene.  Why would they be going into the Quantum realm in the middle of Thanos' attack to get stuff to heal Ghost?  Wouldn't they all be working on stopping Thanos? 

If the three of them disappeared, it meant they had to have been aware of Thanos, and yet they sent Scott in, and then they disappeared, which would suggest they did that during Thanos attacking and all that. 

They probably assumed the avengers could handle Thanos

13 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Did they know about thanos attacking tho? They're was an attack in New York but doesnt mention him. Thanos was in space and in wakanda. Not sure Scott knew where anyone was.

Isn’t there a deleted scene where this is addressed?

On 11/10/2018 at 10:08 PM, Outpost31 said:

If the three of them disappeared, it meant they had to have been aware of Thanos

Why would them disappearing mean they knew about Thanos?  I'm having a hard time following that logic.

My assumption was that they had no idea any of that was going on.  They had their own (smaller) problems they were dealing with, and didn't know it was happening.  Or at least not on that scale.  

Remember that going into the movie, no one knew anything about Thanos really.  The "earthlings" only knew it about it after Banner came back to earth.  The rest of the movie appears to unfold almost in real time.  So if Scott and his crew are busy prepping to go back into the quantum realm and don't follow the news, they may not have noticed anything was happening.

Archived