Ant Man and the Wasp movie SPOILER talk.

TecmoSuperJoe

The only people who knew about Thanos was those who were in NY at the time and those who were freedom fighting or whatever with Cap. Its not a big leap that he had zero idea about the very complicated threat that was on Earth for like.. an hour MCU time?

Or that they knew about Thanos but didn't think it concerned them. Most likely the issues happening around Wakanda wouldn't have been widely announced, so they just knew that an alien had shown up in New  York and that Ironman and Dr. Strange, and Spiderman were dealing with the problem.

2 hours ago, theJ said:

Why would them disappearing mean they knew about Thanos?  I'm having a hard time following that logic.

I meant that if the three of them disappeared, it means that they did that towards the end of Thanos' attack, which had to have meant they knew about Thanos. 

I just have a hard time believing the biggest threat to ever face Earth had people oblivious to it. 

39 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I meant that if the three of them disappeared, it means that they did that towards the end of Thanos' attack, which had to have meant they knew about Thanos. 

I just have a hard time believing the biggest threat to ever face Earth had people oblivious to it. 

It all happened so fast MCU time though.  It's not a stretch to think that Ant-man wasn't given a call.  He's Ant-man.  Not exactly #1 on the speed dial.

The action on earth wouldn't have seemed that huge from an outside perspective either, especially after the events of Avengers and AoU.  No huge ships or hoards of aliens until they attack Wakanda.  And Wakanda is isolated enough that it probably meant it didn't appear on the news.

In terms of this kind of thing: i have a harder time believing that Iron Man doesn't show up at the end of Thor: Dark World, or Captain America doesn't help Tony at all in IM3 (i mean, come on a terrorism threat seems like Caps ball of wax).  There's probably a longer list to be made too.

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

No, it doesn't. The snap was most likely "At random. Dispassionate, fair to rich and poor alike."

You don't have to know what's going to to be a part of that random group. The Pyms and Scott were doing their own thing as you saw throughout the movie. They didn't sit down and watch the news, they were busy. It's entirely plausible for them to have zero clue on what was happening in Wakanda and outer space.

Just now, kingseanjohn said:

No, it doesn't. The snap was most likely "At random. Dispassionate, fair to rich and poor alike."

You don't have to know what's going to to be a part of that random group. The Pyms and Scott were doing their own thing as you saw throughout the movie. They didn't sit down and watch the news, they were busy. It's entirely plausible for them to have zero clue on what was happening in Wakanda and outer space.

I don't buy it honestly.  I'm not saying because they disappeared meant they knew, I'm saying because they disappeared, what they were doing took place during Thanos' attack. 

If some alien invader invaded the world right now, are you saying quantum physicists wouldn't hear about it because they're too busy?  Do quantum physicists never check their phones? 

1 hour ago, theJ said:

Captain America doesn't help Tony at all in IM3 (i mean, come on a terrorism threat seems like Caps ball of wax).

At this point though, Cap is running covert ops on behalf of shield/hydra. Dude was taking orders, it would be pretty out of character for him to go AWOL to help Tony even if he did know about it. 

I don't buy it honestly.  I'm not saying because they disappeared meant they knew, I'm saying because they disappeared, what they were doing took place during Thanos' attack. 

If some alien invader invaded the world right now, are you saying quantum physicists wouldn't hear about it because they're too busy?  Do quantum physicists never check their phones? 

I'm sure they saw the news but it never mentioned thanos by name. Strange, spiderman, tony were in space and everyone else was in wakanda. Who were they suppose to get in touch with. After the attack in NY nothing else happened in the states.

How would they have known about the attack in Wakanda? Fury and Hill didn't even know about it until about a minute before the snap. Random citizens are supposed to know what's going on in the secret/secluded country of Wakanda? It's not like there were news reporters there in their helicopters with a live feed...

As others have said, they would have heard about the initial attack, but everything else was either on another planet or in Wakanda, which is still not very public. Also, they weren't just busy, they were engaged in their own very challenging battle. Also, scientists most definitely can be the types to go off grid when they are trying to solve something difficult.

16 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

I'm sure they saw the news but it never mentioned thanos by name

1. I don't think you can be sure of that.  It's not like they were kicking back, watching TV.  They were preparing to go back to the quantum zone.  They were busy.
    1. a. I frequently go out to my shop and come back 2-3 hours later, checking twitter or here and mutter "wtf just happened".  Stuff happens, people aren't always plugged in.
  2. Even if they had mentioned Thanos, is that supposed to mean something to Ant-man?  When Banner comes back and tells Tony and Strange that Thanos is coming, they basically say "who?".
  3. Even if Ant-man knows about it, why would he think it's any different than any other threat the Avengers had handled easily in the past?

Archived