Saquon Barkley

101Raider

29 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Fournette has proven that he is still an injury risk, has no passing threat to clear the box as of yet, and struggles to average 4 ypc.  Hard pass on that.  JAC was better with him out of the lineup last year.  Like Gordon only thing he has going is volume.  Barkley is far superior talent wise and will also have the volume.

LOL you made it sound like Barkley was much lower in your ranking by your post then move him down like 1 spot in your rankings in PPR for Hunt.  

Hunt fell off a cliff last year and now has a competent backup RB in Ware behind and is now playing with a young QB who likely won't be as consistent as Alex Smith was last year.  He has plenty of risk attached to him.

I see no reason why Fournette and Hunt are clearly ahead of Barkley.  Why because they are going into year 2?  Seems like random logic.  I personally think you are overthinking this.  There is no reason Barkley should be drafted behind either Hunt or Fournette in any scoring format.  He is a superior talent who is going to get the touches of a 3 down workhorse back.  Don't overthink it he is about as safe as it gets in round 1 from that standpoint.

Hunt led the league in rushing...clearly a bum. I think that Hunt is very comparable to Barkley as a player, plays in a better system, and has actually done it at the NFL level.

Fournette does have injury concerns...and Barkley doesnt. oh wait...isn’t he hurt right now? The Jags OL was complete trash last year and should be quite a bit better. The Jags were better without Fourmette? Come on. Excellent box score scouting you have there. In standard scoring Fournette should be very good...he’s as likely as anyone to lead the league in rushing and rushing TDs. I honestly have Fournette just a smidge in front of Barkley in standard scoring...I have him behind in PPR.

Why do I care about a track record? Because of guys like Trent Richardson. Scouting is an imperfect science and the best predictor for success at the NFL level...is prior success at the NFL level. 

Just now, sammymvpknight said:

Hunt led the league in rushing...clearly a bum. I think that Hunt is very comparable to Barkley as a player, plays in a better system, and has actually done it at the NFL level.

Fournette does have injury concerns...and Barkley doesnt. oh wait...isn’t he hurt right now? The Jags OL was complete trash last year and should be quite a bit better. The Jags were better without Fourmette? Come on. Excellent box score scouting you have there. In standard scoring Fournette should be very good...he’s as likely as anyone to lead the league in rushing and rushing TDs. I honestly have Fournette just a smidge in front of Barkley in standard scoring...I have him behind in PPR.

Why do I care about a track record? Because of guys like Trent Richardson. Scouting is an imperfect science and the best predictor for success at the NFL level...is prior success at the NFL level. 

Never said Hunt was a bum just said he is now playing with basically a rookie QB and now has a good backup that will touch the ball.  Not sure how you can say he is less risk averse then Barkley (who is a superior prospect).  And yes the stats were better with a more well rounded back in the lineup for Jax compared to Fournette.  Better YAC and better offensive production all around.  For someone who just used a stat to support his argument for Hunt it's odd that you completely dismiss the fact that stats support that Jac did better without Fournette in the lineup.  You do know that Richardson had nearly the same rookie season as Fournette right?  More TD's and more catches with a slightly worse YPC.  Your argument is shot dude by bringing up Richardson.  Track record is great but RB is one of the easiest to carry over from college to NFL. 

Did you really just compare Fournette's injury history to Barkley's.  You are reaching hard here.   Hunt and Fournette will be just fine RB1's but there is no way I'm passing on Barkely for either.

57 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Never said Hunt was a bum just said he is now playing with basically a rookie QB and now has a good backup that will touch the ball.  Not sure how you can say he is less risk averse then Barkley (who is a superior prospect).  And yes the stats were better with a more well rounded back in the lineup for Jax compared to Fournette.  Better YAC and better offensive production all around.  For someone who just used a stat to support his argument for Hunt it's odd that you completely dismiss the fact that stats support that Jac did better without Fournette in the lineup.  You do know that Richardson had nearly the same rookie season as Fournette right?  More TD's and more catches with a slightly worse YPC.  Your argument is shot dude by bringing up Richardson.  Track record is great but RB is one of the easiest to carry over from college to NFL. 

Did you really just compare Fournette's injury history to Barkley's.  You are reaching hard here.   Hunt and Fournette will be just fine RB1's but there is no way I'm passing on Barkely for either.

I realize that there will be people on this forum who feel that Barkley can do no wrong and is without risk...just simply explaining how that is untrue and why it’s reflected in my rankings. 

13 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

I realize that there will be people on this forum who feel that Barkley can do no wrong and is without risk...just simply explaining how that is untrue and why it’s reflected in my rankings. 

It was good back and forth regarding players who are closely ranked.  Love these discussions. 

I like him because of total touches, true bell cow back that can catch as well and just pure talent.  He's got everything going for him and NY made a commitment to the OL with a LT and OG.  He's got a high floor and if the things go right he has an even higher ceiling.

I have no issues with Hunt or Fournette as my RB 1 just think Barkley get the edge.  

@EaglesPeteC it depends on the scoring.  Full ppr you are probably right but .5 ppr or standard and I don't think it's that crazy considering the depth at WR and the lack of depth at RB.  You take Brown and you are stuck with a guy Freeman as your #1 back.  If you go Barkley there is still a ton of round 2 WR's who are studs.  You have to factor in drop off at the position because it's swift at RB. 

15 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

It was good back and forth regarding players who are closely ranked.  Love these discussions. 

I like him because of total touches, true bell cow back that can catch as well and just pure talent.  He's got everything going for him and NY made a commitment to the OL with a LT and OG.  He's got a high floor and if the things go right he has an even higher ceiling.

I have no issues with Hunt or Fournette as my RB 1 just think Barkley get the edge.  

@EaglesPeteC it depends on the scoring.  Full ppr you are probably right but .5 ppr or standard and I don't think it's that crazy considering the depth at WR and the lack of depth at RB.  You take Brown and you are stuck with a guy Freeman as your #1 back.  If you go Barkley there is still a ton of round 2 WR's who are studs.  You have to factor in drop off at the position because it's swift at RB. 

In any format AB is a top 4 player in fantasy, and he has been for years. Barkley has literally done nothing in the NFL. Who cares about positions when you have a player  as consistant at putting up huge points as Brown is for a rookie behind a hot garbage offensive line. It makes no sense. 

But good for people sitting at the 5, 6 or 7 spot who will get Brown pushed down to them 

Just now, EaglesPeteC said:

In any format AB is a top 4 player in fantasy, and he has been for years. Barkley has literally done nothing in the NFL. Who cares about positions when you have a player  as consistant at putting up huge points as Brown is for a rookie behind a hot garbage offensive line. It makes no sense. 

But good for people sitting at the 5, 6 or 7 spot who will get Brown pushed down to them 

Very true can't ignore consistency like that from Brown even though Ben has been up and down the past few years.  However the top scorers are always the 3 down bell cow RB's who can do it all and Barkley does have the potential you have to admit.  Full PPR I'm going Brown no question though.

8 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Does JuJu's breakout help or hurt AB this year?  

57 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Saquon is being overhyped in fantasy. People are taking him over AB which is ridiculous.

Its only ridiculous if AB scores more points at the end of the season.  Sometimes you have to take chances. 

29 minutes ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

If you think Barkley is an elite RB1, then no, it’s not crazy considering taking him over AB....especially with what WRs you can get in mid 2nd compared to the RBs...

Mid 2nd you can still get McCaffrey or Freeman,  but there are a lot more serviceable #2 and #3 wrs than rb's once Mixon/Howard are off the board, so it's nice to get an rb in the first 2 rounds, especially if you have a top 5 pick and most likely aren't going to see any rbs worth your 2nd or 3rd round pick compared to a Doug Baldwin, Davante Adams,  tyreke hill, Mike Evans, or one of the top 3 te's. Or Rodgers. 

3 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Mid 2nd you can still get McCaffrey or Freeman,  but there are a lot more serviceable #2 and #3 wrs than rb's once Mixon/Howard are off the board, so it's nice to get an rb in the first 2 rounds, especially if you have a top 5 pick and most likely aren't going to see any rbs worth your 2nd or 3rd round pick compared to a Doug Baldwin, Davante Adams,  tyreke hill, Mike Evans, or one of the top 3 te's. Or Rodgers. 

Is McCaffrey going to get enough looks in a standard league to be worth a 2nd?

Archived