World Cup Quarter Final 1 - France vs Uruguay (Friday 6th July)

drd23

France vs Uruguay 14:00GMT (10am US EDT) July 6 @ Nizhny Novgorod

UFra.jpg?rect=0,9,1920,640&q=35&auto=for

Quarter Final 1 features a match-up that will see multiple players face their club teammates.  French talisman Antoine Griezmann and LB Lucas Hernandez will battle against their Atletico Madrid teammates in CB pair Diego Godin and Jose Gimenez, while Luis Suarez will face his Barca teammate Samuel Umtitti with another, in Ousmane Dembele, on the bench.

However the most decisive match-up might be between teenage sensation Kylian Mbappe and make-shift left back Diego Laxalt, especially if Mbappe is in the sort of form that he was in their previous game against Argentina.

Unfortunately for Argentina, they look to be without Edison Cavani, who scored both goals in their win over Portugal before leaving the game with a calf injury.

• Blaise Matuidi is suspended for France due to an accumulation of yellow cards. 
  • Rodrigo Bentancur will miss the semi-finals if he is booked against France and Uruguay progress.
  • Olivier Giroud, Corentin Tolisso, Paul Pogba and Benjamin Pavard will incur a one-match ban if they are booked against Uruguay.

Prediction

France 1-0

I think France 3-1

They seemed to have stepped up a gear against Argentina and although Uruguay are far better at defending than Argentina, I think France are brimming with confidence and will want to impress.

19 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

@drd23 Thanks for making the threads. I'm buying a house today so I'll likely be missing for most of the weekend. 

That's exciting, bought a house a couple years ago now. Has been wonderful and interesting at times with the extra work for taking care of it.

20 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

@drd23 Thanks for making the threads. I'm buying a house today so I'll likely be missing for most of the weekend. 

What you're missing the single most important game in football history on Saturday afternoon?!

5 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

That's exciting, bought a house a couple years ago now. Has been wonderful and interesting at times with the extra work for taking care of it.

Yeah I bought a couple of years ago, kinda forgot how stressful it was till my buddy who's buying a house asked me about the process. Looking through the reams of paperwork it's a miracle it every happened!

1 minute ago, texans_uk said:

What you're missing the single most important game in football history on Saturday afternoon?!

Its just going to end like the majority of England's knockout games in recent major tournaments ;)

6 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

Yeah it's been a stressful process but it will be really nice once it's done. It's in pretty good shape but I've definitely got some tasks ahead of me. 

3 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

Quite probably, the Verizon guy is coming to my house right as the match is supposed to start so I won't even have any internet to try and turn the game on as I'm unpacking things. 

In my defence,  no one thought England would get this far.

1 minute ago, drd23 said:

Its just going to end like the majority of England's knockout games in recent major tournaments ;)

The most recent knockout game being a penalty win against Colombia, I'm cool with that being the norm ?

Just now, LeeEvans said:

Quite probably, the Verizon guy is coming to my house right as the match is supposed to start so I won't even have any internet to try and turn the game on as I'm unpacking things. 

In my defence,  no one thought England would get this far.

Don't you have 4G data?

2 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

Yeah it's been a stressful process but it will be really nice once it's done. It's in pretty good shape but I've definitely got some tasks ahead of me. 

You'll find that there is always more that you could do, but it is very nice once you've done the few big things. The house that my wife and I bought is 111 years old and had been kept up well, but probably not the past decade or so before we got it, so we're mainly just adding a few things and cleaning up a few things that should have been done before.

Archived