Training Camp 2018 discussion

Danand

17 minutes ago, Boodgyman5220 said:

Something in my gut tells me were going to see a Kamalei Correa PED Suspension coming soon.

Nah, I'm not going there. Dude just had a kid, and the last time he got significant reps at his natural position was 2 years ago. Wink attributes Correa's new intense level of dedication to the former. He's young enough to take big leaps physically, and it's obvious he's taken the mental side of his game to a new level. He's playing free and I hope he continues to impress. 

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/video/wink-martindale-rams-up-tempo-offense-was-a-great-challenge-old

This Wink presser is a must watch.

One of the things that stood out to me is how blown away by Tim Williams he is. Wink said "Tim Williams is going to be a premier pass rusher in this league".

He talks about the leap Tim has taken this year, and speaks on Correa's breakout performance. 

To me it seems they work Hurst in as an immediate backup to all positions, which most likely means they view a starting lineup without him in it. It seems weird to move him around that much if they want to  build the oline for the upcoming season. If they wanted him at LG, they would most likely play him there and then have an intense battle for the OC spot.

Its weird we are only going in to our first real pre season game - it seems like we have been at TC forever already. I wonder if the coaching staff ramps it down a bit earlier this year. A guy like Brown has been working to become a starter for almost a month now, and there is still another month to go before the first regular game. If they want him as a 16 game (hopefully more) starter, they have to make sure he is mentally capable of handling the pressure and that he can keep up physically.

I also wonder why we don't hear anything on the inside linebacker options. It has been all Mosley, Young and Onwuasor, while Alvin Jones and potentially Myles Humphrey and CJ Board have been almost non-existent when the ILB competition has been mentioned.

Archived