Training Camp 2018 discussion

Danand

9 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Replace KC with Jimmy Smith and I agree. There's no way Jimmy should've recovered that fast from a torn achilles naturally.

It wasn't a complete tear, so its very possible he has recovered. Depending on where the tear is, it can be completely healed in a few months.

6 hours ago, Danand said:

It wasn't a complete tear, so its very possible he has recovered. Depending on where the tear is, it can be completely healed in a few months.

Given that he was just busted for PED's though last year, and he made some miraculous recovery from an achilles tear that soon though I wouldn't be shocked. I know he said it was pre-workout but who knows.

I'm reading Tim White won't suit up for the 1. preseason game against the Rams. Too bad, and I hope he can get on the field later in the preseason. That opens up a spot thursday for Janarion Grant and Breshad Perriman.

Its a competition, where it will be exciting to see how much Perriman plays, as the coaching staff more or less already knows what he can do. His play on special teams might have greater importance.

Hoping for a fun game to watch tonight and most importantly a healthy one. I've seen that the only offensive starter playing tonight is Jamon Brown our RG, he's likely only playing tonight because he's out the first 2 weeks on a suspension.

Enjoy the game tonight gang.

45 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Hoping for a fun game to watch tonight and most importantly a healthy one. I've seen that the only offensive starter playing tonight is Jamon Brown our RG, he's likely only playing tonight because he's out the first 2 weeks on a suspension.

Enjoy the game tonight gang.

Here's to Crabtree vs. Talib part 2

Someone tell Chuck Clark to leave our young rookie alone- https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/practice-report-8-12-hayden-hurst-has-strong-practice-gets-challenged-late

-First-round pick Hayden Hurst has been a major piece of the offense throughout training camp.

The tight end looks like he’s going to make a significant impact on Baltimore’s passing game and has clearly developed a rhythm with starting quarterback Joe Flacco. Hurst again caught several passes during Sunday’s practice, pulling down balls over the middle between defenders to move the chains.

He also got challenged late in practice.

Hurst caught a pass along the sidelines and safety Chuck Clark hit him late on the play. Clark’s hit knocked Hurst to the ground, and he then tossed the ball at Clark’s face. The second-year safety then shoved Hurst as he was standing to his feet, and a few teammates then got in between them.

The offense didn’t take kindly to Clark’s hit on Hurst and starting left tackle Ronnie Stanley ran down the field to voice his displeasure. He yelled “chill out 36 [Clark’s number]” several times as he got in the safety’s face. Teammates intervened there and both sides quickly went back to their respective huddles.-

Some current team thoughts:

- Skura has all but locked up the starting center spot. Harbaugh noted his strong game and practices of late. The ripple effect of this will lock Alex Lewis in as the starter at LG, leaving Brown Jr. and Hurst to battle it out for RT.

- It seems to me that the only "competition" at HB is between Edwards and Thompson. De'Lance Turner is given garbage snaps at the end of these preseason games and just seems like a camp body at this point. I'd like to see him get more of an opportunity, but it doesn't seem likely.

- Our riches at CB are blooding our WRs and will bring out a higher level of play. Snead got into it a little bit at his presser, saying how Tavon Young will be toughest matchup of his season and it's true. Too many fans are underestimating the benefits of having our WRs practice against our CBs.

- The team is giving Carr the veteran treatment, letting him start in the preseason. That's coming to end though and he's going to be looking at significant time on the bench.

- Michael Pierce is a RFA and Za'Darius a UFA after this season, and both are bringing their games to new levels.

I don’t agree with your view on Skura. As much as I have heard, he has struggled with physicality. Bozeman is playing better, Siragusa got extended playing time against the Rams and seems to improve. In general I believe the oline shuffle is far from over.

If/when Hurst receives more reps at RT, I believe it will be a combination of resting Orlando Brown a bit/getting him some reps on the left side. I think Brown more or less locked that position down which would make hurst either a starter at LG or a very versatile backup.

Looking at carries it seems Edwards has the edge as the most explosive runner of him and Thompson. He also seems as a slasher type that would look good behind a pulling guard hitting the hole hard, as he doesn’t have a lot of shimmy shake shake wiggle wiggle.

I personally prefer Thompson as a versatile 3. Down back.

9 hours ago, Danand said:

I don’t agree with your view on Skura. As much as I have heard, he has struggled with physicality. Bozeman is playing better, Siragusa got extended playing time against the Rams and seems to improve. In general I believe the oline shuffle is far from over.

I'm only going off the most recent notes on our consistent OL alignments at camp, and Harbaugh's own comments. 

Archived