Training Camp 2018 discussion

Danand

4 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Why should Jordan Lasley make the team over Janarious Grant?

Agree. His drops have been awful. At this point I'd probably take Perriman over him.

Grant should be the leading that group since he's actually shown to be good at something. Although, Chris Moore could definitely serve as the returner if they didn't want to burn a roster spot for that alone.

43 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Agree. His drops have been awful. At this point I'd probably take Perriman over him.

Grant should be the leading that group since he's actually shown to be good at something. Although, Chris Moore could definitely serve as the returner if they didn't want to burn a roster spot for that alone.

I would take Grant just to be the 6th WR and have him for the returner position battle. Perriman doesn't play ST's so he's out. Lasley can't catch a football so he's out. Grant is the only logical choice if we're going to keep more than 5 WR's (Crabtree/Brown/Snead/Moore/White). Hell at this point I'd take DeVier Posey over Lasley.

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I would take Grant just to be the 6th WR and have him for the returner position battle. Perriman doesn't play ST's so he's out. Lasley can't catch a football so he's out. Grant is the only logical choice if we're going to keep more than 5 WR's (Crabtree/Brown/Snead/Moore/White). Hell at this point I'd take DeVier Posey over Lasley.

As much as I like Tim White, why exactly is he guaranteed a roster spot at this point?

Jordan Lasley isn't going anywhere. He's dropped 2 passes total. Grant dropped 1 against the Dolphins, and I can't remember if he had anymore in the previous games. There isn't some massive disparity here. 

Why are people down on Lasley after he just had his best game? He showed massive growth as a blocker, uncovered and caught an inaccurate pass from Griffin against the Dolphin's starting CB, and almost scored a TD in the redzone. 

Besides that, he's also 3 years younger than Grant and White. lol Why would we just throw away the best WR prospect we've had in years? 

My guess is Tim White and Breshad Perriman are out. Tim can chill on the PS and Perriman can get a shot elsewhere. Grant makes our team better with his ability as a returner and that's what the goal is. To field the best team.

Alex Lewis made PFF's team of the week:

Offense

IMG_27082018_093833_0.jpg

LEFT GUARD

Alex LewisBaltimore Ravens – 77.5

-Lewis started at left guard for the Ravens and didn’t allow a single sack, hit or hurry from 23 pass-blocking snaps, giving him a perfect 100.0 pass blocking efficiency rating also. Lewis has looked comfortable in pass protection so far this preseason, with just one sack allowed from 66 pass-blocking snaps.-

PFF's evaluation aside, which for OL especially is usually highly questionable. Alex Lewis did have a strong game and locked up the LG spot. It's clear the team wants him there, and are hoping someone else emerges at C. This leaves James Hurst as a primary backup, assuming they don't start him over Orlando Brown Jr. for no reason. 

Imo Skura has removed himself from the conversation at Center. He doesn't have the anchor to play the position, starting him there would signal some grand incompetence. So if the team doesn't want to play Alex Lewis at Center, that leaves Bozeman and Siragusa. Nico hasn't played any real time at Center in game, so Boze is the obvious favorite but his movement issues will limit what we can do the run game. 

We'll see :S...

10 minutes ago, drd23 said:

With Jaleel Scott on IR, I think it's almost certain we carry 6 WRs - Crabtree, Brown, Snead, Moore, Lasley and Grant

I agree. Jordan Lasley will be inactive on game days unless someone gets hurt. Grant can return punts and Mark Andrews will supplement the group. 

A much more impressive unit than we had last year. Certainly more versatile in the attack they offer. 

Archived