Training Camp 2018 discussion

Danand

54 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

Great ball there by LJ. I can't wait to see him preseason.

Does it bother anyone else that every single video clip BR.com puts out is in slow motion?

They bother me in general. The "rock" music they add to the clips and their blatant homerism.

"With camp starting a week earlier than normal, the Ravens plan on giving their veterans plenty of time off early this summer. Starting quarterback Joe Flacco was among several veterans who left the field after individual drills, which gave Jackson a chance to get a heavy dose of reps with some of the first-team offense.

Like most rookies, Jackson had good and bad moments in his first training camp practice.

His day started on a sour note as his first pass was deflected and then picked off by safety Chuck Clark. But Jackson came back and hit beautiful deep passes to rookie receiver Jordan Lasley and then free-agent signing Willie Snead.

Those deep passes brought the biggest cheers of the day from the fans in attendance, and Jackson also had a play where he dazzled with his feet. Defensive linemen Carl Davis and Bronson Kaufusi both pushed their way into the backfield, and Jackson put on some juke moves before cutting through the middle of the defense to run down the field."

Baltimore’s first-round pick has shown the ability to make plays with his arms and his feet, but he also had a handful of accuracy miscues on short passes early in practice. Offensive Coordinator Marty Mornhinweg and Quarterbacks Coach Brent Urban both spent extra time in practice giving the rookie some one-on-one coaching between drills.

- Lasley looked like he had a strong day. In addition to the deep reception from Jackson, he made some nice snags and gained separation. He has good speed and fluid movement. Fellow rookie receiver Jaleel Scott also made a nice diving grab along the sidelines from quarterback Robert Griffin III.

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/practice-report-7-19-recapping-lamar-jackson-s-first-camp-practice

11 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Well then it all adds up. Jackson isn't a QB either. He's a receiver, remember?

My point is, we can't draw any conclusions on a throw and catch like that.

Just now, Danand said:

My point is, we can't draw any conclusions on a throw and catch like that.

Honestly my original post was intended to be a joke about Lasley burning Stanley Jean-Baptiste....

Lamar's mechanics did look better though, his base wasn't as narrow. It's good to see him doing well, even at a time when it's easier to do well and it doesn't mean all that much to do well.

Archived